Chapter T h r e e

- James POV -

Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me.

I am going over to Aleksandr's house today. I told Seamus about it.

"How'd the call with Mr. Aleks go yesterday?"

"Terrible...he wants to hang out with me. We are going to his house after school."

"Oooo, you going to get some?"

"No...I am not going to get some. I'm going to go for about thirty minutes and leave."

"James, come on. Just give him a chance. He obviously really wants to get to know you. You got to know us!"

I glared and puffed my cheeks out. "You guys weren't in jail and didn't make me want to piss myself right when I saw you."

"Okay...true. Maybe you'll change him! Just please, for me, give him a chance" Seamus looked at me with big eyes and I sighed.

"Fine..."

"Pinky promise?" He held out his pinky. I wrapped mine around his.

"Pinky promise."

Now I'm stuck waiting for Aleks outside the school doors. This was me giving him a chance. If he wasn't here within fi--

"James!" I heard a familiar voice come from the right of me. I looked over and there was Aleksandr. He was wearing different clothing...lighter clothing. Light grey jacket with khakis pants. He was wearing grey vans. He looked different but it was a good different.

"Hey, Aleksandr."

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting." He apologized with a smile, showing off his teeth that were pretty damn white.

"It's fine, I guess. I wouldn't of been surprised if you stood me up." I admitted as his facial expression softened. "You look good though...you're more attractive out of those dark, dark clothes." He smiled and became flirty. He wrapped his arm around mine.

"Well, thank you, James." We began walking towards what I figured was his house. "I have big plans for us!" I let out a groan and he looked over at me.

"Do you really not want to be around me? Do I really seem like that bad of a person?" He asked me as his arm loosened from around my own. The warmth was gone and I actually missed it.

"No...it's really not you, Aleksandr. It's just me. We aren't going to talk about that though." I felt bad now because Aleks seemed upset. God, I can't believe this. I wrapped my arm around his and I managed a smile. "We'll have fun, right? You have plans for us." He looked at me and smiled.

"Right."

We arrived at Aleksandr's place. It was average. He lived in a nice neighbor hood. He told me his parents wouldn't be home at all. I just interpreted that they had jobs that costed them their time. We walked into his bedroom and I sat on his bed. His room was only lite by a lava lamp. His room was an average room. There was a full sized bed, a desk with a laptop, a dresser and a closet. He also had a mini fridge which was mainly filled with alcohol and like two bottles of water.

"What would you like to drink?" He grabbed a bottle of beer, obviously for him.

"Water please.." He tossed me a bottle and sat next to me. I cracked open the water and sipped. "Why are you so interested in me, Aleksandr?" I asked him as he shrugged his shoulders and sipped from his beer bottle.

"You are someone I have never seen at school. I heard that you are shy and won't talk to anyone. I wanted to prove them wrong. Looks like Seamus and Jordan already did though." He chuckled and I looked down.

"Hah...they had to force themselves into my life. It took them a couple of months to even get me to really talk to them."

But yet...it's only been a day and I'm sitting in Aleks home having a full on conversation with him...

- Aleks POV -

I felt good about myself. It took Jordan and Seamus months to get to the core of James and it seems it's only taking me a couple of days. I scooted closer to James and he shifted.

"Sooo, tell me about yourself, James."

"No, I think I'm good." He took another sip of his water. "You don't need to learn anything about me. You don't need to get dragged into that side of me..."

I tilted my head. That side of him? "What do you mean?"

"Lets just...lets talk about you. I haven't heard really anything about you...besides the fact you've been in jail..." He scratched his head like it was rude of him to bring it up. I chuckled as I scooted back against the wall with my bottle between my legs. James swung himself around and sat across diagonally from me.

"James, it's okay." I told him as I smiled. "I'm a damaged kid who acts like everything is great. Jail was hell for me. At least at first. I was the new ass in there. After awhile it just sort of died down. I was the occasional ass." James looked at me confused.

"Ass...?" He questioned as he tilted his head. He looked so confused and I giggled.

"They screwed me, James." His eyes grew wide and his face turned red as he looked away.

"I...I am so sorry." He apologized and I shook my head.

"Don't." I sat my bottle on the side table and scooted closer to James. I rested my hand on his lap. "I enjoyed it, James." I whispered as he looked at me. My face was close to his. I was sure he could feel my breath upon his own. "You know what I'd enjoy more?" He started to scoot back and I crawled forward.

"I...don't know what...Aleksandr please.." He whispered as he continued scooting closer to the edge of the bed.

"I'd like to ha--" James fell off the end of my bed making a thud noise happened. I stood up and helped him up. He shook me off and dusted himself off, giving me a rude look.

"I blame you." I smiled as I pinched his cheek.

"Blame me all you want, James." I turned and headed out the door and downstairs. I heard footsteps behind, obviously James.

"Where are you going? You just leave me up there!" He hollered after me.

"We can't just starve now can we?" I reply back as I turned around when I hit the end of the stairs. "Or I could eat you, my dear Jamsie." I winked at him and he stopped. He crossed his arms over his chest and puffed his cheeks out.

"It's not funny, Aleksandr..." He whispered and I just smiled, walking towards the kitchen.

"So, do you want to warm something up or cook?" I asked as I opened the fridge and peeked inside.

"Cook? You know how to cook?" His tone made it seem as if I was incapable to cook.

"Yes, I do. I am a fantastic cook, I'll have you know."

"Make me...Make me lasagna." I raised an eyebrow at him. It's not that I didn't know how to make lasagna, it's that it was the most random dish ever.

"Really?" I asked him and he nodded with a playful smile on his face.

"If you can't do it, then I guess we can just heat something up." James was starting to lighten up and become more...at ease around me. He wasn't really stuttering or seeming like he was uncomfortable anymore. Good..

"No, no! I can do it. Do you want meat in your lasagna?" I started grabbing the ingredients. The sheets of lasagna stripes, cheese, meat, ect.

"I would very much like meat in my lasagna." I began to boil the lasgna shells. I turned around and hopped up on the counter, looking at James.

"I know you don't trust me, James." I started as he looked up from playing with his beard hair. "I never expected you to trust me so soon. Not from what everyone else has told me about you...I'm grateful you've given me a chance. I hope I don't disappoint you." Then an amazing thing happened. James smiled. A full smile. Showing his perfectly straight teeth and his eyes lite up. He responded.

"Aleksandr, I don't think you could ever disappoint me." Those words hit home. Not in a bad way, but in the best way. This was the start of something great. I could just tell.