Chapter 16

--1 Month Later--

Misaki's P.O.V

"You still can't unlock your Reikokugan, huh?"  Pein sighed as we were training.

I've mastered diamond release, water release, and lighting release so easily.

"The Reikokugan only likes to show when I'm at my lowest."  I said and Pein put a thinking face on.

"Maybe you should have the mindset that you are about to die in the situations you need the Reikokugan.  Like I could kill you right now if I wanted to."  Pein said.

"Like you want to kill Amaya?" I said with a chuckle.

A shadow covered his eyes.

"Don't joke around with stuff like that!"  Pein said.

Itachi and Amaya are dating...  Yet they haven't kissed.. Not that I'm stalking them!

I've walked in many situations when they were about to kiss and Itachi someway, somehow avoids it without her getting mad.

"That's enough training for the day.. You can go." Pein said with the shadow still covering his eyes.

I exited the training room to see Akira and Amaya talking.

I hid behind the wall and eavesdropped.

"Are you two dating?" Amaya asked.

"I'm working on it." Akira said.

"We'll work harder!"

"She's still pretty hung up on Itachi."

"We'll make her not hung up! I'm tired of her interrupting my time with Ita!"

I felt a vein on my forehead..

'Ita, huh? Still..'

"Ok! Gosh Amaya, you are so annoying at times."

"Just don't forget the plan!"

'Plan?'

I ran off to find Konan.

***
"So... Are you starting to think that what Itachi said was true?" Konan asked as we sat on a tree branch.

"I guess I'm kinda agreeing with what he said. But he's dating that hag, so..."

"You have so much nicknames for her." Konan said with a slight chuckle.

"I have to keep my guard up from now on!" I said.

"You better...  You and Akira are a soon to be item..."

"Now I'm rethinking things."

"I guess it for the best..."

"Hey!!   Misaki!!  Leader wants you in his office!"

I look down to the ground to see Deidara yelling.

"Ok!"

***

"You 5 will go on this mission which is in the Hidden Cloud Village...  You'll retrieve information on the 2 tails and 8 tails..." Pein said as Aoi, Amaya, Akira, Itachi and I stood in his office.

"Do I have to go?  You know my history with the cloud."  I said.

"Don't worry...  You guys won't be going as yourselves..."

"What?" Akira asked confused.

"The Akatsuki has been raising alerts on village borders, and I don't want to risk any more alerts.  I've found out that the 8 tails is having a party..."

"What the-  how did you find out this information?" I asked with a little smirk and Pein glared at me.

"That doesn't matter.  You guys will be dressed in Yukata's and you'll have different identities."

"Yu-ka-ta's..." I said and a shadow formed over my eyes.

"Don't worry Misaki!  I'll help help you choose out a Yukata!" Amaya said with an evil smirk.

A vein appeared on my forehead and I started to tremble.

"What if wearing Yukata makes us stand out?!" I asked.

"The only thing that will make you stand out is if you don't wear a Yukata and a mask."

"Leader please tell me you are lying to us!" I said trembling.

"This doesn't sound like you at all!!!"

"You guys will need to find a way into the village without getting caught...  You'll just act like you are normal everyday cloud ninja."  Leader said.

"You'll leave in 2 hours.  You are dismissed."

"Leader... You've lost it haven't you." I said and a black aura surrounded him.

***

I was in my room with a black aura around me.

"He has definitely lost it." I said referring to Pein.

"Come on Misaki! You should go put on your Yukata." Akira said shaking me.

"Yu-ka-ta..." I said now hugging my legs.

"I'm sorry Misaki!" Akira said trying to pull me up.

"Just leave me here to die." I said laying on the ground.

"What's with you and dying?"

"MISAKI!!!!!" Oh no..

It was Amaya's voice...

"Let's go try on Yukatas!!!! The boys will change in this room. We are going to my room!!!" Amaya said dragging me out..

I saw Itachi on the way out.

I glared at him and he glared back.

***

"Misaki!  How does this look on me?" She asked trying on the white Yukata.

"Great..." I said in a non-interested voice..  I honestly was afraid being in a room alone with her.

"I think this is the one." She said.

I felt like she'd kill me or something.

"You know, Itachi said he loved me.."

'So?  Do I need to care?'

"That's... Great." I said.

"So what's with you and Akira?  Boyfriend and girlfriend?"  She asked coming closer to me.

"We are just friends.  Nothing more!  I don't want love." I said with a smirk.

"Why not?  He's my brother!  He really adores you!"

"I don't want think of him in that way."  I said with an evil smirk and she gave me an angered look.

"I can't believe you want to break his heart!"

"I got heartbroken too...  I don't see why I can't do the same..."

"By Itachi, huh?"

I started to have a light blush, "so what?  He's yours now.  It shouldn't matter to you."

She sighed, "Just try on your Yukata.  Purple really suits you." She said trying to cool off.

'So they are really planing something.'