Chapter 8

AN: I know this picture isn't from this past year, but let's be real, this is one of the best pictures in Penguins v. Flyers history.

"You nervous?" Sid asked Rowan seconds before they hit the ice for warmups.

"No. I don't get nervous."

"If you say so." He laughed as he walked out towards the ice.

Warmups were nothing but awkward, especially after Claude started stretching next to Rowan along the blue line.

"Hey, Row. How you like Pitt?"

"It's good. Nice to be with my dad, and these guys aren't as bad as I thought they'd be." She smiles.

"I miss you," he admits, "on, and off the ice."

"I miss you too," she looks at him as she moves onto her knees to continue stretching, "but I bet not as much as you miss me."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Claude looked at her.

"Well, I mean, you are in love with me." She says before she sprinted off towards the net with a puck.

"Fuck," he spits under his breathe.

The game started on a high note for the Penguins. Sid score just minutes into the opening period. After that, it went down hill, quickly. It started with the Flyers tying the game with a questionable goal that pissed all of CEC off.

By 1 minute into the third period of a gruesome game in The 412, Brayden Schenn and the Flyers had buried the Pens 3-1.

"Is it just me or is Giroux completely out of it?" Sid asked Rowan during a TV timeout. 

"He is. I told him I know something about him and he's freaking out," she squirted some Gatorade in her mouth, "God, he's a dumbass."

"What do you know?"

"That he's in love with me."

Sid remained silent as he prepared for his next shift and tried not to let the news shake him.

After the devastating 4-1 lose you could've easily heard a pin drop in the locker room. 

"You know what, that sucked. Let's be real. But let's not let it get us down. Let's go to a bar, and unwind. First rounds on me." Rowan said, hoping she didn't sound like an idiot.

"I like the sound of that." Sid responded.

The club was loud and fill of energy when the team walked in. Bass thumping and crowds of people packed onto the dance floor. Sid and Marc-Andre went to find a table while the rest headed up to the bar. Rowan ordered a Jack and Coke and headed to the table. Geno and Beau had found a group of girls and were practicing their off ice moves. Rowan slid into the booth next to Sid and took a sip of my drink. He stretched his arm out on the back of my seat and smiled at me.

"You look beautiful," He leaned down and whispered in Rowans ear, his breath hot against the side of her face.

"Thank you," She smiled up at him.

The group was just finishing the first round of drinks when he walked in.

"Row!" He cried, sliding into the booth next to me. Marc and Sid gave him a nasty look.

"Claude," she smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"A few guys and I came to celebrate. Can't say the same for you guys." He teased.

"Careful Giourx, you're sitting around of bunch of guys you just beat, watch what you say." She laughed back, and finished her drink.

"Sorry guys." He apologize to the table, "can we talk?" He whispered into her ear.

"Yeah." She breathed and let him lead her outside.

"What do you want Claude?"

"I don't know, I just wanted to see you." He admitted.

"If you aren't going to say anything I'm going back inside and enjoying my night."

He chuckled as she walked away.

"Excuse me?" She questioned his laugh.

"You're doing it again. You're leaving me without a single word about it."

"I didn't have a choice when I left the team." She stated, "you know that."

"You didn't just leave the team, Row. You left me." Claude took a step towards her.

"I didn't have a choice!" She raised her voice.

"Don't get mad at me Rowan, you're the one who left."

"You're the one who didn't stop me."

Before Claude had a chance to respond Sid and the rest of the team came spilling out of the front doors. Rowan quickly stepped towards the group and gladly took her jacket from Sid's hands.

"Go to hell Rowan!" Claude shouted at her.

"I'll meet you there, Giourx." She shouted back over her shoulder, with one particular finger.

"What was that about?" Sid asked as he snaked a warm arm around her waste.

"Nothing." She breathed, "Nothing at all."