Chapter 10

Anybody who even remotely considers themselves Pittsburgh Penguins fan knows Sid and Geno are close. The practically grew up in Pittsburgh together, playing for the same team, competing for the same goal. When you spend 10 years with someone you get to know whole lot about them.

You got to see a side of them no one else got to see.

Sidney knew better than anyone that despite his crazy, animal loving and easy-going persona on and off the ice, behind closed doors absolutely no one put as much pressure to preform well on themselves than Evgeni did. Sid had first hand experience that his best friend took each loss to heart. He knew how Geno wanted perfection and craved to be number one. He knew that while his teammate may have come across as a big Russian Bear all the time, he was fragile as fuck.

On the flip side, Evgeni knew Sidney completely. He was well aware of how Sidney was just a dorky little shit with a huge lips and a huge ass. He knew that all Sid wanted to be was normal and had a love/hate relationship with the fact kids looked up to him. He knew that Sidney was always paranoid that he'd mess up and do something irresponsible and thousands of kids would imitate him. Evgeni knew Sid was both confident and self-conscious, awkward and graceful all the same time and in a way it made him content knowing a side of his captain no one else did.

Knowing Sid that way Geno wasn't surprised when Sid knocked on his door late one night, he wasn't happy but he wasn't surprised either.

Geno grumbled in Russian as he shuffled towards his front door.

"Sid, playoffs in 2 days. Need beauty sleep."

"Shut up G." Sid muttered as he brushed pass Geno and took off his shoes.

"What you want at 11 pm?" Evgeni questioned.

"I was thinking about Rowan."

"Oh my god," Geno said under his breathe.

"I think I'm in love with her." He blurted out, "I mean she's beautiful and sarcastic, which I can appreciate. And she treats me normally which is awesome and she gives me grief with I oddly love and every time someone touches her on the ice or talks to her off it I wanna punch them and I am so crazy about her."

"You not even date, Sid already whipped." Geno chuckled as he sat across the island from Sid.

"I am not whipped," Sid said defensively, "But I can't get her off my mind. I've never been in love like this before G. I think about her every second of every day and it just drives me insane. If I could just call her mine maybe I'd feel better. It's not as simple as skating around the rink or taking a wrist shot." Sid sighed, running his hands down his face, "But I mean what do I do? I can't be in love Rowan.. Do you know who her dad is?"

"No, no idea who her dad is." Geno looks at him with a 'are you fucking kidding me' look.

"Fuck off," Sid rubbed his forehead, "What do I do? Do I tell her?"

"I say tell her. How long you been in love?" Geno asked.

"Since I moved in with Mario," Sid lowered his head, "10 years ago."

"Oh, Sid."

"Yeah."

"I still say you go tell her."

"When?" Sid asked, "when we both retire?" He sneered.

"No. Now. Before you change mind."

"Now?!"

"Yes. Go now. I'm go to bed. See you later." Geno said getting up and walking away.

"Wha- I-"

By the time Geno was upstairs and back in bed Sidney was in his car and on his way to the Lemieux household where Rowan was staying.

Sidney stood in front of the red door of Mario's house. He has a key but it seemed better to knock and now knocking seemed like the hardest thing he could possibly do.

His hands had always been there for him. They've scored hundreds of goals, including the ever famous Golden Goal. They had shaked the hands of legends and signed hundreds upon thousands of autographs. They've lifted the Stanley Cup for fucks sake. But now he couldn't move them from his sides.

He lowered his head and almost sprinted away from the door.

His jaw clenched in agitation and his fingers gripped the steering wheel, "Fuck." He growled slamming his hands on the wheel as he drove through the streets of suburban Pittsburgh.