Chapter 22: Elm Treatment

Freddy couldn't believe his eyes he was speechless. Sam had actually come to him. She was practically screaming at him in her mind but he ignored it and embraced her in a hug catching her by surprise. Her thoughts ceased and she hugged him back.

"Dad I missed you too." She pulled away. "But we need to talk." He knew she was worried about Kali. "I know you've been watching us. We need to help Kali."

"I know..." He couldn't stop himself from staring at her. Watching her was one thing but actually having here there was almost difficult for him. It almost bothered him how comfortable she seemed around him. He was afraid to take his eyes off of her in fear that she would disappear.

Kali had shown her what his world looked like but seeing the real thing was definitely different. The house smelled old and musty and felt damp and warm. She recognized the house was the one she grew up in only it was decayed and torn. Seeing her dad again even the way he was, was fulfilling. He stood staring intently at her.

"Dad?" She asked concerned.

"This isn't easy... She wasn't supposed to tell you. Then you accepted who I was and now you're here..." He his blades clinked together nervously. "I guess I always imagined you hating me or fearing me."

"Well I don't. I've been locked up in this place for over twenty five years! I've watched people get slashed to death in their dreams knowing that it was you. You're my Dad and I love you." She explained hugging him again. They sat together on the couch. "Kali told me you were afraid you weren't strong enough to get me out, afraid of failing." She explained and he looked away from her. "You won't."

"Now I have to get both of you out. If I fail things will only get worse." He rasped not wanting to think about the things they could do to them. She stared back at him in disbelief.

"What do you mean worse? What could be worse for Kali than what they've already done to her? They took away her dreaming, it was everything to her. They took me away from Mom, and you away from me. They stole my family and more than half my life! What else could they do?" She asked becoming angry wishing he'd just understand. Freddy looked at her knowing that she was right. "I know you're strong enough. Since you've been with Kali you've killed over a hundred people possibly two hundred from what I've heard." She explained remembering over hearing several of the other doctor's conversations.

"Kali..." He looked to the TV and it showed Kali lying in the padded room staring at the ceiling. Sam turned her attention over to the TV, seeing Kali on the screen made her wonder just how often he watched the both of them.

"You really care about her don't you?" She asked and he stared blankly back at her. Reading her thoughts he knew how much she liked Kali and how much she hoped for Kali's sake that he felt for her what she felt for him. For the first time he didn't feel like lying to himself.

"I do..." He said sadly looking away from her. She put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Then we need to do something now. I can pull you out with me. Just tell me how." She pleaded remembering Kali didn't even know.

"Not yet, just one more soul." He smiled to himself sensing Wesley getting close to passing out again. "Kali was right. I've been using Wesley all this time. Just let me get rid of him first."

"Why?" She asked wondering why he'd prolong helping them escape.

"He's Helen and James' kid." He explained making Sam's eyes go wide. She knew he was the one that turned Kali in and related to an Elm survivor but she had no idea who he was related to. Wesley entered the dream world making Freddy growl.