Chapter 5

~Feel free to tell me where there is not the good of spelling ty ty <3~

Erik had his arm slung over my shoulder playing with the little amount of hair that had fallen in front of my face. I scanned the back yard looking for my parents as well as secretly keeping an eye out for Walter. I suddenly let out a squeal as Erik licked my neck I turned around to glare at him as he pointed discretely towards Walter, he was talking to my dad surprise, surprise. I roll my eyes as I notice that his fists are slightly clenched.

"I apologize in advance."

"Uhm Erik why are you looking at me like that?" He had an evil smirk as he pushed me against the tree leaning in he then quietly made fart noises against my neck forcing me into a fit of giggles.

"Aren't I just a genius!?" turning around Erik stared at my father and wiggled his eyebrows resulting in a bellowing laughter from dad. One hour later and lunch was finally on the table, dad got up whistling loudly to get the attention of everyone.

"Now in my old age I have been very lucky in having my only daughter Elise." A snort was heard from Effie on her air break before she got back to doing whatever it was she was doing with her mate. "Now I know you are in your last year of school but I have decided that is time for me to take a step back and let this pack have the next generation of Alpha to step up, Elise come up here." Standing up I quickly walked to my father's side glaring slightly at him.

"Thank you, I'll make sure to keep our pack heading to the right direction, I understand now would normally be where an alpha would ask their mate to come up and join them." I paused for a bit to stare into Walters eyes as he smirked and stood up everyone stared at him I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention back to me. "However due to the circumstances I have found my mate incapable of being able to lead this pack with me and will be following in my father's footsteps by leading alone thank you." I walked back down to my seat and slouched down as Erik shoveled food in his mouth in an attempt not to laugh at the very embarrassed looking Walter.

After everyone had finished eating all the children ran off to play again while everyone else went into groups to chat or have fun. I felt a small tug on jeans, looking down I see a small girl in pig tails she gave me a big toothy grin pointing towards a small game of soccer the kids had started. I got down and let the girl drag me towards the small soccer game going on. The kids had decided that since I was both bigger and the alpha it would be one verses all of them. Now let me tell you something these children are fine but in masses such as they are now they are terrors, little balls of pure energy with the same goal. Half of the children shot forward towards me at a speed I thought impossible. After running around for ten minutes pretending to occasionally miss the ball letting them get a goal I accidentally hit the ball over the fence and into the woods. After a few moments of puppy dog eyes (slightly ironic considering) I eventually walked out looking for the ball. The sound of crushing leaves could be heard as I walked towards the direction I thought the ball was. The air was staring to get slightly cold due to the light breeze weaving through the trees. I saw the ball a bit off in the distance running towards it I failed to notice the ball of fur in front of me tripping over it, turning around I squeal and quickly run to the medium sized lump.

"Oh my! Aren't you just a precious little thing." I picked up and placed the cheetah cub on my lap. It stretched and started purring it caught sight of the ball and jumped off going to get it. "I suppose I should call you something shouldn't I.... I got it! Scar." Walking back towards the house Scar trailed behind me with the ball in his mouth.

Picking up Scar and the ball, with great effort might I say big bugger was heavy, I kicked open the gate to the back yard only to be bombarded by the smell of my ex mate, surprisingly though the smell didn't make me cringe or make my heart flutter not at all.

"Look I need to talk to you." He went to go put his arm around me but was stopped by Scar, he jumped out of my arms and bit onto his leg.

"Scar!" Glaring at the big cat he sulked and ran off towards the kids and began chasing them as they ran after the ball. Looking up I tried hard not to lose it Walter was pale and swaying his arms dramatically around as a few of his female 'friends' pawed over his manly injury. I took one look over at Erik who was dramatically fanning his face making kisses at Walters's back. That was all it took to break my muffled laughter to a massive laughter causing all three to glare at me. It wasn't even the best part as Walter and the two girls all flicked their hair while turning around to walk back inside with Walter limping.

Walking inside I called Scar to follow me so I could say goodbye to my dad in his office. Opening the door I see him standing staring at a picture of my mother.

"You know you'll have to move in tomorrow?"

"Yes dad... I got a pet." I picked up scar to show him. He turned around only to see me struggling to keep scar in my arms due to his size shaking his head he waves his hands towards the door signalling me to go home.

Getting out of my car I walk up to the house home sweet home for one night more night little Scar. I hear a huff as he walks into my room.