Chapter 1

Lucy's POV

Advertisement, advertisement, advertisement, Important letter from the council, adver- wait... WHAT!? I was checking my mail as usual but a certain letter surprised me. 

Dear Lucy.

The magic council has some problem with one of the prisoners and we ask for your help. 

For more information please come to Era tomorrow at 6am for a meeting with me personally.

/Mest

It said. I wonder what the magic council want. Oh well, can't exactly ignore it. I thought. The clock was already 8pm. *Sight

"Well, if a want any beauty sleep I better go to bed right now" I said to myself, I didn't have anyone else to talk to anyway. I walked into the bathroom and changed clothes, brushed my teeth and washed my face. When I was finished I opened a box that lay under the basin, a knife was revealed. I let the knife cut in my wrist, blood seeping out of the freshly cut skin. After a few cuts I cleaned the knife and washed of the blood. 

It's a habit the I have picked up after Natsu left and Fairy Tail disbanded. No one knows about it, and hopefully no one will. I have tried to stop but I just can't. Even though I don't think about it the pain is still there. The pain and sadness is slowly consuming me from the inside. If this continues, am I going to become suicidal? Shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts I lay down in my bed. Everything is so boring, it's too quiet. I just wish something exciting would happen in my life, something o of the ordinary.

-Timeskip-

"Hi there Lucy, it's been a while" Mest said while grinning. It almost looked like Natsu's. I miss him.

"Yeah, it has. How is the council doing?" I asked.

"Pretty good but there is a slight disturbance. You see, one of the prisoners keep causing trouble and recently stopped eating. And because you are a former member of the strongest guild in Fiore the council has decided to put you in charge for this prisoner and after a while decide what to do with him"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he is a very dangerous criminal and he has committed crimes that are very hard to forgive. But if we were to tell him that we were going to execute him he would probably go on a rampage and destroy the entire council"

"But how could he possibly do that? He can't use magic right? So how could he possibly go on a rampage" Mest looked almost terrified when he mentioned that this prisoner would go on a rampage and destroy the entire council. I know that the prisoners can't use their magic so there shouldn't be a problem right?

"That's the problem, we can't take away his powers. We have tried but he just destroyed the shackles like it was nothing" Okay, now I'm really starting to get freaked out, just how powerful can this guy be?

"And you want ME to be in charge for this guy. I'm probably the weakest member of my former guild. How can you be so sure that I can pull it of?"

"We chose you just because of that reason, because we know that you can do it. You're not weak, you're the strongest celestial wizard in Fiore. And you were a part of the strongest team in the strongest guild. You have nothing to worry about. So what do you say, do you want the job?" Well it sounds like an easy job. So why not? But I wonder...

"That depends, how much payment do I get?" I really need money, my savings are almost empty. 

"Enough to buy a mansion and live there for the rest of your life without have to worry about money anymore" How... MUCH!!! Hell yeah! I'm up for it! 

"I'll take it" I said quickly. Because I'm never, EVER, going to turn down a good paying job like this. 

"Good, I have to go now but wait here and I will send a guard that will take you to the prisoner" With that he left. But I wonder. Why did he put on a fake smile and look at me with pity when I said that I'd take the job? What is going on here?

-Short Timeskip-

God, that guard was annoying, he was mad the whole way and the food that he gave me doesn't even look edible. No wonder the prisoner doesn't want to eat, it took a long time to convince him to let me cook something myself. But eventually he let me cook pancakes. And the whole time he was complaining that I was annoying. I really want to punch him in the face but he left as soon as we reached the corridor that the cell was located in. He just gave me a key and left. That jerk!

But either way this place really give me the creeps. The whole way down the coridor I heard things like:

"Oh, looks like a feisty one. I wonder how she'll look without clothes" or "Come on babe, how about I show you a good time" I was really happy when I reached the cell, but no one was sitting by the bars. Unlike the other prisoners. I sighted and reached for the lock ready to go in when a man in a cell nearby called out to me.

"Hey lady, I wouldn't do that if I were you. That guy will blow you into pieces before you have time to even say a word to him" He said. But as stupid as I am I just ignored him and opened the cell. The door creaked when I opened it, it was dark so I couldn't see much. I was about to ask if someone was there when I suddenly found myself pressed against the cold stonewall. My captivator held my left shoulder roughly and had a hand that covered my mouth. It was still dark in the room, but I saw clearly who it was. Even though I wish I couldn't.

"It's been a while girlie, how's the flaming fucker doing?" He said with his sadistic smirk. The man before me was no other man than Jackal. One of the nine demon gates of Tartaros. Before I passed out one thought echoed through my head. Why did I agree to this?