Chapter 8

Lucy's POV

"You what?" I stared dumbfounded at Mest. Who strangely seemed to be enjoying himself.

"You heard me, since the council has to clean the cells it would be best if you took the idiot with you somewhere until tomorrow. We're terribly sorry for disturbing you on your day off" He can't be serious! And this was supposed to be my day off.

"You say that you're sorry, but the council only does it because they're just too lazy to do something on their own" I muttered.

"That may be true, but remember. Without our help you would probably have a hard time earning money. Wouldn't you?" Damn him!

"May I decline your request?" I asked, but then it happened. Mest gave me THAT look... Mira used to look at me like that all the time when I hung out with Natsu. I don't know what it means but I don't like it...

"Oh, but that would mean that you ignore direct orders from the council. Did you know that it's a serious crime? But if you'd rather get punished or pay a large bill then-"

"No! I'll do it" I sighted in defeat. Those damn councilors, why must they be so damn annoying.

"Good, now if you'll excuse me I'll go get him for you. Just wait here" He said before disappearing. Jeez, thanks. You just ruined my day. I was about to head towards the prison and meet them halfway but a voice interrupted me.

"Lu-chan?" That voice!

"Levy-chan!?" I quickly spun around to be greeted by a crushing hug.

"What are you doing here? Are you working for the council as well?" She asked.

"Well, not really. But, wait a second. You work for the council!?"

"Yup, Gajeel too" Gajeel!? Beat me senseless and call me dinner! Of all people HE decided to join the council!? The world is doomed. I was about to ask Levy about a few things but someone interrupted.

"Yo bunny girl! How's it going? Did you start working for the council as well?" Gajeel said as he approached us.

"Hi, well not really. I'm just here to guard one of the prisoners" I said as I scratched the back of my head. Levy's eyes widened and she quickly spoke up.

"Really? You're guarding one of the prisoners? Which one are you in charge o-" She got interrupted when Jackal suddenly came up behind me, put his hands on my head and rested his head on top.

"Yo girlie! Could we go to some fancy restaurant or something? I'm starving" I sighted, but didn't argue. Because no matter how hard I tried I would only lose the argument.

"Yeah, yeah. Just don't get yourself into too much trouble" I couldn't see his face but I'm pretty sure he has a grin on his face.

"L-Lu-chan" Levy asked with a quivering voice. Then I realized, she and Gajeel were still here. I felt Jackal shift and I supposed he looked at them as well.

"Hey, your that guy who took down flame brain. Right?" Gajeel asked, and I could see Jackal become more aggressive by the second.

"Yeah, what about it? Here to take revenge?" Jackal let go off me and stood in front of Gajeel. Both of them were glaring intensely at each other. Please don't fight...

"Huh? No. But if you're looking for a fight I would gladly kick your ass doggy"

"Doggy? You've got some nerve huh, metal brain? Do you have a death wish or something?"

"Oh? I don't think a little doggy would be able to beat me though"

"Hah? Didn't quite hear you there. You have to stop muttering stuff yah know? Or are you just too scared to speak up?" Idiots... I turned to Levy once again who seemed to have calmed down from earlier.

"So, that's the one your in charge for huh?" She asked.

"Yeah, he's quite a handful. But not as handful as Team Natsu was at least." We both laughed, remembering old memories of our guildmates.

"Gajeel too, but don't you think we should stop them? They could destroy the council you know?" Levy said. I looked over at the two bickering boys, who looked ready to tare out each others throats.

"We should. If Jackal gets into more trouble I'll be the one responsible" I sighted.

"YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME PUPPY!?"

"COME AND GET IT SCRAP METAL!" Gajeel was just about to throw a punch at Jackal before Levy grabbed him by the collar and dragged him away.

"Come on, we have work to do. See you later Lu-chan! Be careful!" She said before disappearing amongst the soldiers.

"You too!" I called after her as I held Jackal back by his scarf so he wouldn't go after them.

"Let me go! I have to teach that jerk a lesson!" He screamed as he tried to break free. I smiled. Because I knew, that if he wanted to he could just blow up my hands and go after them. But he doesn't.

"Come on, let's go find a good restaurant instead" His ears perked up and he quickly spun around to look me in the eye.

"Really!?"

"Yup, you wanted to go right" I let go off his scarf and he jumped up and down like an idiot before grabbing my hand and started to drag me in the direction of the town.

"Wha-!? Wait, slow down!" He ran so fast, so I had a hard time keeping up.

"No way! I wanna try a steak this time" He's so childish. I looked up at his happy face. But in a way, he reminds me of the old days.