Chapter 7

Lucy's POV

"Oh, man. Why must this be so hard?" I asked myself while looking at the two pairs of clothes in front of me, trying to decide which one I should wear. But after a while I just gave up and picked one at random. But just when I got ready to leave a strange noise came from my bedroom. So I grabbed my keys, ready to fight whoever it could be. A dark figure could be seen, standing in front of the open window.

"Who are you?" I asked and took a few steps closer.

"What? Don't tell me you've already forgotten me Luce?" That voice. I quickly turned on the light in the room and froze.

"Natsu" Tears built up in my eyes and I ran towards him with open arms. But then the most unexpected thing happened. Just before I reached him I got hit on the cheek by his 'Fire dragon iron fist' and flew right into the wall.

"Why did you-?" I touched the spot where he hit me and looked up at him. But instead his happy grin he had a evil look on his face.

"What's the matter? Does it hurt? Like I thought, your just as weak as before. I regret taking pity on you and pairing up with you. I got hurt so many times to protect you, you know. How are you going to make up it?" He asked and my eyes widened. I was speechless.

"I-I don't know"

"You don't know? Then let me help you, let's see... I know. How about we kick you out off the team?" I felt tears starting to build up and my eyesight became blurry.

"Please, don't. I'm sorry" I begged, not the team. My guildmates is all I have left after my father died and Aquarius sacrificed herself. But he just grinned, an evil grin.

"Why not? It's not like the others will care" *Crack "No one likes you anyway" *Crack "Your only a weak, useless, burden" The picture cracked into pieces. Like broken glass, and I was surrounded by nothing but darkness.

"Oy! Wake up!" I shot straight up into a sitting position and my body was sweating like crazy. My eyes were red and my eyesight blurry after crying. Jackal sat beside me on the prison floor and he tried to talk to me. But I couldn't make out what he was saying, I heard almost nothing. The only thing I heard was my beating heart. But when my hearing slowly returned I heard that he kept asking me things like: "Are you okay?" And "What happened?". But I couldn't answer him. I was terrified after what I had just seen. So without thinking I threw my arms around him and cried against his chest.

Jackal's POV

I wonder what she dreamed about. One second she was smiling and the next crying, and when I woke her up she panicked. I looked down at her, she was still crying against my chest. She may have been my enemy but I just can't push her away when she's like this. So I put my arms around her and held her until she calmed down.

"Are you okay now?" I asked.

"Yeah" Lucy said with a shaky voice.

"It was only a nightmare, you're safe" I assured her. She nodded and looked around.

"Weren't we in the woods? And what happened to Kain?"

"Don't worry, the council's captured him. And you fell asleep on the way here" I explained.

"Did you encounter Mest on the way here?" I stiffened, remembering what happened earlier.

-Flashback-

"Why are you suddenly so obedient? Have you maybe fallen for Lucy?" I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What do you mean? Are you saying I'm acting like a lovesick puppy?"