Chapter 1

Hi everyone I am starting this story from the perspective of Marigold. I hope you like the story!

I guess I should tell you who I am, my name is Marigold Rose Forest but you can call me Marigold. My birth animals are a white tiger for strength, a deer for grace, two horses for speed and agility, a monkey for... God knows what, a parrot for beauty, an owl for wise ness, and three pandas for patience, kindness, and gentleness. I am 18 at the moment and my favorite hobby is hunting. Everyone else in my village believes the only way to find love is through arranged marriages. Of course I disagree with this but it's disrespectful to disagree with a family member, especially the father. So I am forced to marry a kind but stupid and wimpy man named Prince Adam. I hate him! I've had to save him from a bear TWICE already!

The serpent clan is are family's arch enemy, sadly my boyfriend is a part of that clan. I think it's unfair to have to marry Adam when I love Jacob of the serpent clan.
"Come on Marigold or we'll be late!" My friend Lily Tells me breaking me out of my trance.
"I heard we caught another man in the serpent clan!" We walk over to the stand and see another man tied up in the tank. The executer walks over and dumps the herbs in. To much of the sent will kill man, so we soon see him fall over dead. Ugh, I hate that we do this, especially in front of children!
"Twelve down hundreds to go!" Lily says excitedly. Lily's birth animals were a parrot, and a dog for beauty and loyalty.
"How can you like it when we
Do this!?" I yell at her.
"It means we're one step closer to winning the war."
"The war! The war is a stupid reminder that thousands of innocent people are dying! The war is just a silly way of saying whoever wins is better!" I am sick and tired of all of this.
" Marigold, I'm so sor-"
"You don't need to apologize it was me who blew up right there. I need to go, it's almost time for dinner."
"Ok, bye." Lily says as I walk away.
I hope I'm not late.

As I walk to the edge of the village I look around and slowly walk into the woods. I have my bow ready to shoot just in case, my white tiger follows close behind next to my monkey, I still don't know what she represents but she always comes with me to see Jacob.
I suddenly here a faint rustle and shoot.
"What the- owwwwww!" I hear Jacob say. I rush towards him and shove some butter berries to him.
"Lucky you I hit your leg. I was aiming for your you-know-what" I say as he puts the herb on his wound. The cut comes back together and stops bleeding.
" but I thought you wanted kids." He jokes. I lean in for a kiss and his lips answer back.
"Carl the baker went missing today" He says when we separate.
"We're killing innocents now?!" I say a little to loud
"Marigold, is that you?" I hear father say I look at Jacob and mouth the word "run" he does as I say and leaves.
"Coming!" I yell back to father.
At dinner I hear words that will change my life forever.

I know this chapter was small but  I'm not good at making long chapters.
Cliff hanger!