Epilogue

The night after Selena and I announce our relationship I make sure to make dinner for Zayn. He barley eats it, but that's okay. I can understand why he wouldn't be hungry. It was official. We were hidden from the world. I couldn't do anything about it if I wanted to keep my job so I went through with the date. Zayn didn't talk much while I was making dinner, and during it he busied himself with cutting his chicken. After dinner we head to the couch. Zayn is still silent. But he touches my knee as if to reassure me that we're okay. 

That we will be okay. 

I look towards Zayn. 

I study his face. They way he's watching the TV. I realize I don't want anything else. I only want him. I reach out, my fingers brushing his chin. Zayn looks at me. He's crying. 

"I love you," I say. "I don't think I say it enough. But I love you." A hint of a smile. That's the first real reaction I've gotten in a while. 

"Justin," Zayn whispers. "I love you too." And I think about how much he's given up for me. He left his family. He left all he knew for me and I'm still hiding. 

"Zayn we should do it," I say. He looks at me. 

"What should we do?" He asks. Zayn is still teary eyed but that's okay. 

"We should get married." 

"What?" 

"You heard me. We should get married." I shift on the couch so I'm facing Zayn. 

"Justin that won't... It won't work." 

"It will." I take his hand and get down on the floor. Zayn watches me. He sits with his legs on the couch and smiles. 

"What are you doing?" There's a hint of a laugh in his voice. 

"I'm asking you to marry me. Zayn listen. I love you. I love you so much and I fucked up. I want you to know that I don't want anyone else." My heart is pounding. "So will you marry me?" 

"Justin... I-."

End of book one. 

(I'm such as asshole omf. There is a sequel, which will be updated tonight (like right now. It's called Love You. Go find it and hate me even more.)