Chapter Nineteen ~ Out Like a Light

The team (mainly Nightwing) haven't let me go on any missions since I got back. They won't even let me go back to my house! It's starting to drive me mad. I feel perfectly fine. I am perfectly fine. But they're not having it. 'You need rest,' they say, 'You went through a tramatic event,' they say. Hmp.

The only thing I need right now, is to get out of here. I'm starting to feel like an animal stuck in a cage. So, while everyone else is deployed out on mission or are at school I quickly throw on jeans and a black hoodie and sneak out before they can stop me. I zeta to an ally in Star City and pull my hood up over my head and exit the ally quickly.

I walk down the street, making sure I keep my head down. I end up doing a bit of window shopping before I end up in a large park. I sit down under a large tree and lean against it. Enjoying having the sun on my skin for what feels like the first time in years.

"So they finally let you out did they? Big mistake on their part."

I jump up and look around but I don't see anyone, "Yeah? Says who?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

I roll my eyes, why do villans always taunt you? I mean they waste time that they could be fighting you to have a conversation with you? Stinking weirdo's. But I still gotta admit, it's fun watching them get all mad and 'scary' when you ignore them.

I shrug and sit back down, "Not really."

"What?!" the guy that's been talking to me nearly shrieks.

He storms out from wherever he was hiding right as I shut my eyes and lean my head against the tree, "You're obviously just some punk kid. No one that's worth me wasting time on, so shoo. I want to take a nap."

"Do you have any idea who I am?" he roars.

I open one eye to look at him, dang this guy's strange looking, I quickly speak up so he doesn't realize I was staring, "I repeat. I am about to take a nap. So buzz off," I make a shooing motion with my head and lean my head back against the tree and shut my eyes again.

"But I'm the Knitter!"

"And I'm tired! But you don't see throwing a hissy fit about you refusing to leave me be. Now go away before I scream for help."

He glares at me, "You wouldn't."

I roll my eyes at him and hit my panic button. What? I may of ignored Nightwing's orders but it doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to leave the cave without someway to contact the others if something happens. About ten minutes of me listening to the crocheter's- opps I mean the Knitter's whinning, Nightwing along with the rest of the team show up.

"What's going on and who is that guy?" Nightwing shouts as he grabs me and forces me to stand behind him.

"I went for a walk but this guy, I think his name was the crocheter-"

"I'M THE KNITTER!" he shouts, and as he does two critter that appear to be made out of yarn?! appear next to him and start attacking us the next.

Since I don't have my suit (rookie move Ella *Face-Palm*) I have to play the damsel in distress while my team mates deal with this guy. Even though to be perfectly honest, it was kinda entertaining. This guy fights like a clown. No not like the joker but like an actual clown! It's kinda funny to watch Nightwing beat him up- Whoa Ella! Where did that thought come from?

I shake my head, maybe I should've listened to Nightwing. I still feel a little funny. It's while I'm distracted that the knitter breaks free from Nightwing and the others. And in the confusion, he runs over to me, jabbing my arm with a needle and pressing down on the suringe.

He smirks, "The Joker will be coming for you soon Miss Ella. But for know, I think it's best you forget about this. And don't mention this to bird boy. We wouldn't want him to get hurt now would we?"

I shake my head no quickly. Wait! I didn't want to do that. I open my mouth to scream, but before I can, somthing hits the back of my head and for the second time this week, I'm out like a light.