Chapter Ten: A New York State of Mind

Mick's POV:

I take both her hands in one of mine, hers so dainty and feminine compared to mine that were rough from years of playing guitar.

Annabelle's shocked expression was one that I was expecting but when she doesn't say anything for a minute or two I start to get worried.

I let out a nervous laugh,"So, will you please, go on a date with me?"

But like always, Annabelle surprises me. Smirking, she leans to whisper in my ear,"As you wish."

I break out in a grin, pick her up and swing her around,"I have a date with Annabelle Watson!"

The crowd cheers as we run off the stage, hand in hand.

The two of us retreat to a corner backstage where no one could find us.

Leaning against the wall, I wipe the sweat off my face even though I can still feel my hair sticking to my forehead.

"I will go on a date with you but not anytime soon."

I came out of my concert high real quick and look to the small brunette in front of me,"Wait, what does mean? Is it going to be a pity date?"

Annabelle smiles and shakes her head,"Of course not. But you're going back to L.A. soon and I'm staying here in New York and we won't be seeing each other for a while. So I think we should hold off on a real date and stay friends for a little bit longer."

I can see her reasoning. Not that it made it sting any less. However, I had a promise and I would make sure that she kept this one,"Okay, but I am taking you out tonight. "

When I see her resistance I say, "Not as a date, just as friends! This is really the last time we'll see each other for a while so let's make it count."

"Okay, I'd really like that."

And after two hours more of a phenomenal concert, I remember why I love performing so much.

The adrenaline, the high, the atmosphere, is surreal.

"Mickaroo! Where you guys headed off to!" I scowl as we turn back around from the doorway. All of the set had been put away so we wanted to slip out quickly before the concert traffic.

Logan and Kade are standing there, wearing a similar smirk with their eyebrows raised.

"We're leaving. I'll see you guys at the airport tomorrow morning so tell your parents I said hi!"

Before they could reply, we ran off into the New York night.

"Don't do anything we wouldn't do!" I hear them yell.

"Which means we can do practically anything," I mumble.

"So, where do you want to go?"

I smile at her and say, "I'm gonna give you the New Yorker version of the tourist attractions. Night time specialty."

---------
"One year."

I stop chewing on my kabob and raise an eyebrow at her.

"One year until what?"