Chapter Fifteen: As Long as We Are Together

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated but school and an internship has been kicking me in the butt lately!
--------
March 1st

Sitting in the coffee shop, I watch the one person I wish I would never have to see again slide in seat in front of me.

"Hi, Mickey."

"Don't call me that, Amber. You lost the right to call me that whenever you cheated on me."

I look at the blonde woman who once held my heart in her hand. Now her hair didn't shine, her eyes weren't as bright, and her whole presence didn't make me smile like it used to.

With a wicked smile, one that I once thought was seductive, the witch replies, "Okay, then. How've you been, Mick?"

"Really well, actually. The guys and I are in the process of writing for the new album and we've been doing some shows. There have still been a bunch of interviews, too. How've you been, Amber? What's brought you to Los Angeles?"

"That's good. I've been well, got a job working for an interior design company out here. I get to help design fancy hotels and decorate celebrity mansions. I couldn't pass the offer up so I moved out here."

"L.A. is nice. You'll like it, Amber. It's not New York, but it's home. It was a little bit of a culture shock at first." I can't help but smirk thinking about Annabelle and how it was hard for her moving to the city at first.

"You're thinking about her aren't you?"

"Who?"

"Annabelle. I'm not stupid. Your band is all over the news so I heard about your new relationship."

I nodded my head in confirmation. That is one thing Amber was always great at. She could read me like an open book, could tell what I was thinking.

"Yeah, I can't help it sometimes."

"She's a lucky girl, Mick. You're an amazing guy and she better not let you go."

"No, I'm a lucky guy. I'm really, really happy."

And instead of a wicked one, Amber just gives me a soft smile and replies, "That makes me happy. I know why you called me, but before we get to that I just want to say something."

She takes a deep breath, "I want to say how sorry I am for what I did to you. It's been eating at me since it happened. I want to apologize for saying that you guys would never succeed. I'm not trying to get back together with you either. I'm in a new relationship myself, too. "

Digging in her purse for she pulls out the black box I've been dying to get back, "Here's the ring. Are you going to ask her soon?"

Looking inside the box, I see my grandmother's ring glittering up at me, "No, she would run for the hills."

Amber laughs at that and says, "You say that now but trust me, she'll surprise you. Not all girls are me when it comes to marriage."

"You'll find your guy. I guess it just wasn't me."

Amber nods, getting up from her seat, "You're right. I'm just not your girl either. It's a good thing we learned that early on. Not in a good way, but still learned it."