Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Peeta's P.O.V.

"Mr. Mellark?" I hear a voice asks. "Hello?" They continue to ask.

I open my eyes to see a nurse standing in front of me. She looks very concerned, however, she gives me a polite smile after she realises that I was awake. Calling for Dr. Aurelius, she leaves me to question what happened.

Im in a hospital room. Im guessing that Im in the capitol because of the design of the room and the fact that the nurse was calling for Dr. Aurelius. The capitol. Why would I be in the capitol? Aren't I supposed to be home in district 12 with my lovely Katniss?

Katniss. All of the recent events suddenly play in my head:

Katniss and I had a few violent flashbacks recently. Thats why we came to the capitol for help. When we were with Dr. Aurelius, he asked us what triggered Katniss' flashbacks. When I said Prim, Katniss had a flashback. She was screaming. Crying. And she triggered me having a flashback. I strangled her. I strangled her.

My eyes open wide. Katniss. I killed her didn't I? Did I? Im a monster. A mutt. I am the mutt.

I look at my arms and legs to see the tied to an upright hospital bed. I must have done something really bad.

"Katniss? Katniss! KATNISS!" I scream her name. There is no response. She's probably dead. I actually killed her. I try to fight the restraints off. I need to find her. Suddenly, I feel a sharp discomfort strike my left arm. I look up to see a bandage wrapped around the area in pain, however, I can still make out the faint stain of blood under the bandage.

Did she fight back? Why would she? She was also in a flashback. Me strangling her was probably her wish coming true. She wanted to die.

'Thank you'. I remember what she told me before she blacked out. Or died. She thanked me. For what I did. But I know that thats not my Katniss. My Katniss would have never wanted to kill herself. She knew that I couldn't live without her. Especially if I killed her myself. And I did kill her.

Soon, Dr. Aurelius comes rushing into the room. He probably heard me calling for Katniss. I bet he's here to tell me the bad news.

"Peeta! You are finally awake!" Dr. Aurelius exclaims rather suspiciously.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask him quietly.

"Two days. We had to give you rather strong sleep medicine."

"Where's Katniss?" I question. I don't hesitate. I need to know what happened to her. I need her.

"By the way, sorry that we had to tie you up. We were just worried that you would wake up in your hijacked-"

"WHERE IS SHE?" I yell. The doctor jumps back slightly over dramatically. He must have gained some attitude in the Capitol.

"She's still asleep," He replies softly. I sigh in relief. Dr. Aurelius seems shocked by my actions, but I am just glad that she's alive.

"Bring me to see her."

"But Mr Mellark-"

"Bring me to see her." I try to remain calm. I don't want to trigger another flashback.

Dr. Aurelius quickly unties the ropes around me, while I wince as the material brushes against my skin. When I'm freed, I rub my palm against the marks around my wrists. I guess they were to afraid to even make my restrains fit for a hospital in the Capitol.