Work

Peridots POV:
Why can't people be more enjoyable. I think as I drive to my job. I love what I do but hate just about everyone. Come to think about it, just about everyone I know or meet annoys me. Except for lapis of course. Lapis may say or do some things that get on my nerves but I could never hate or even dislike her. She has accepted me for who I am. She has accepted me even though she knows about my past. I wish she didn't. I still keep some things from her about my past, but that's only because I don't want to risk losing her or her being afraid of me. I couldn't live without her now. She has kept me down to earth. She keeps the good me in control. Without her I might... I might do things that I would regret. Or I might remember things I've done more vividly than I want.
I snap out of my thoughts as I pull into the technician and mechanic building. I groan as I get out of my car and walk to the doors to go in. It's 8:59 when I clock in and sit down at my work place. I see a small stack of papers. Damn it, why can't I have a small load like the others. I know why though. I'm the best mechanic/technician in the city. I groan and grab the first piece of paper. At least it's here and I don't have to go to someone's house or something. I go into the part of the building where people drop off things to be fixed. This guy wants me to fix up a crappy laptop. It's about 3 years old and looks like it hasn't been taken care of. This won't take to long. I think to myself.

Authors note: hey everyone! I know this is super short and only peridots POV but I just wanted to give you guys something. I'm super busy all the time and when I do have free time I never feel like working on this. I will try to get another chapter out soon.