Comfort

Peridot's POV:
"It's ok lapis, I'm here..." I say to my sobbing girlfriend. She's hiccuping and crying into my chest. She can't even speak. I look at sapphire and she immediately understands. She nods, giving me the ok to take lapis home. I carefully and slowly help lapis up, still holding her. I rub her back and whisper "let's go home baby."
     I help her into the car. I get in the drivers seat and go home. Lapis is staring out the window. She has calmed down and is hiccuping and sniffling. "Did you get hurt?" I ask. I so don't know how to react to so much emotion. I've always been bad with feelings. And then when I started my previous "job" most of my feelings were stripped from me. Lapis has really softened me up again. But not like normal people. I'll never be like that. I do know how to comfort my lapis whenever I need to though. All she did in response was shake her head. "I'm glad." Is all I can say.
3:00
   We get home and I help her in. "Couch or bed?" "Couch" she says. I help her to the couch. She faces the back and buries her face in the cushions. I go a grab her a pillow and throw a fuzzy blanket in the dryer. I bring her the pillow and adjust it for her. I make her a glass of water and bring her some chocolate. I get the now warm blanket and bring it to her. I put it over her and tuck it tightly around her.  Before I can say anything I hear a light snore come from her. I smile and walk to the kitchen. I make her a sandwich for when she wakes up and then I make myself a sandwich.
4:00
     She wakes up and looks a little dazed. I'm in the chair next to the couch. She finds my eyes and lightly smiles before a few tears escape her eyes. I walk over and sit on the edge. I push some hair out of her face.
Lapis POV:
Peridot looks at me with a worried look and asks, "Why didn't you call me when it happened? Sapphire said you refused. Were you to in shock? Or-or- where y-you scared to t-tell me? Did you think I would get mad?" Peri starts to breath a little harder as she rants in questions. My eyes get wide as I realize what's going on. "Where you afraid of ME" she says. Peri. "Peridot no of course I wasn't afraid of you. You have never done anything to make me afraid. You have done nothing but love me and I could never be afraid of you. I just didn't want to bother you with something that-that was m-my fault. You shouldn't of had to do this for me." I start tearing up. "Lapis, never worry about bothering me with things. You are never a bother. You come first. You are before work. If you ever need to call me don't worry about it. You are my everything and you come before anything else." Peridot grabs my hand and squeezes. I smile and throw myself at her, giving her a big hug. "I love you lapis." She says. "I love you too." She pulls me down so that I am laying on top of her. I bury my face into the crook of her neck and sigh. Her arms are around me and my hands are grabbing the sides of her shirt. We lay there and cuddle.

I can't believe this story has gotten so many reads. I love you all. Sorry I haven't updated. I will try and update again soonish and have some peridot back story. Comment your opinions.