Chapter 9: A Sharpened Instinct!

Athenia Stared at Aren with disgust. "So boy, you think you're strong just because you can stand, and a little lightning magic didn't hurt you. oh well. I've got a whole arsenal of demonic attacks. Ryn, Ursin, I'll take care of this punk. You go and find that girl." The two men took off towards the other parts of the town separately. "Now I have you all too myself fairy boy." The girl had a very extreme evil aura about her. Aren thought to himself, he knew this would be difficult while still being injured from the poison, along with the increased gravity. "Heheh, fifty times normal gravity is a joke, child's play. I train like this, for fun!" Aren exulted, although it was very visible he was struggling. "Well then fairy, let's see how that works out for you!" The girl dashed towards Aren and swung at him with fists pulsating with the power of dead souls. Aren dodged slowly whilst try to find an opening for his retaliation, until he finally got his opportunity when she swung upwards, Aren struck with his Lightning Dragon's Heavenward Halberd, sending her back a few feet. "So fairy boy, you have dragon magic. quite impressive, Ryn will be delighted." Their bout continued, neither budging an inch. "You're pretty tough miss. But I've seen stronger demon magic before. I guess i got to go all out to end this quick." Aren smirked. "Ugh. Don't gloat to me boy. You're not that strong." Aren remembered his training back on Nirvana. It was time he put some of his new skills to use. "Heh, all right Cobra, I guess you weren't that bad. Besides, your training comes in handy occasionally." Aren spoke softly "Talking to ghosts now are we? How pathetic! You will parish now." Athenia Held out her arm and began chanting a strange spell. "Not a ghost. Just a fake. Lightning Dragon's!" Aren dashed towards Athenia "Sharp Horn!" Aren punched her in the stomach with a horn made of lightning, and it caused her to fly back and fall unconscious, hitting the ground in defeat. She wore a brooch on her dress. It seemed to be engraved. Aren took it and stashed it inside his jacket.

Aren mustered up his strength and dashed off looking for another member of Eternal Youth. He stumbled upon Ursin. A gravity wizard who was very large and muscular. "Puny fairy, so I see you have defeated Athenia. To bad you shall not live to meet Ryn." Ursin growled."Heh, Alright Big man, you look pretty tough. But is your bite as tough bark?" Ursin became enraged, "Nobody mocks me. I shall devour you!" Ursin Lunged foward and struck Aren with rock hard fists knocking Aren back. "Ouch! That was kinda mean dontcha think? No matter I was right. You ain't that tough." Aren smirked and casually put his hand into his pant pockets. Ursin cast a rune of paralysis beneath Aren, "Uh! This is no good a rune! Oh. Wait, paralysis is just electricity." Aren ate the rune. "Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist!" Aren decked Ursin knocking him down and out, and giving a TKO for Aren. Ursin had a pin holding his hair back, It was engraved with the same symbol that was on the brooch, Aren made a good call in grabbing Athenia's. He also stashed the clip on the pocket inside his jacket.

Aren heard a scream from the other side of the village. He dashed off in that direction. Now that Ursin was defeated, the increased gravity subsided. Aren felt more lightweight as he hopped from roof to roof.