Chapter 4: The Journey for Himself!

Aren casually strolled through the woods, looking up into the dense cover of trees, "It's been how many days since I left..." not realizing it had only been a day since he had left. "Well, I suppose I should take a rest." finding a nearby collapsed tree, he sat on it sparking a pile of sticks he had just put in front of him for a little warmth. *growl* "ugh... i miss Mira's cooking. I can almost smell her wyvern scale broth...wait a minute, I can smell it!" As he sat there, he heard a large crash behind him. "Uh-oh..." looking behind him he spotted the largest wyvern he'd ever seen. "Well, this could be problematic..." Aren stood up and prepared himself, still injured from his fight with Ivan. He'd have to be serious in this fight.

"Alright buddy, you're gonna make me a good dinner, well not you in particular. But, well you know what i mean. Let's Go!" Aren leaped into the air, striking the enormous beast's skull with a powerful kick, landing behind it, seeing he had only managed to make the beast more enraged. "Well, okay then. Lightning Dragon's Grip Strike!" puncturing the large beast's scaled hide shin with his fingers, he released a devastating explosion of electricity out though his palm, that did nothing besides char the beast. "man...you're pretty tough big guy." realizing that he was at his limit, Aren begun to panic. "This isn't good, i don't even have enough power to use my roar..." at that moment a man with purple-brownish hair appeared out of nowhere, and struck the massive wyvern with a powerful poison fist. the man landed on the ground in front of Aren, the mysterious man had a long white coat and a flying purple serpent. "You are in pain... I could hear it from miles away" Aren stunned at the man's timely appearance. was slow to respond. "Well, Yeah I am a little hurt. But i ain't ungrateful, let's take him together!" The man stood still starring the wyvern down, "No." The unknown visitor responded bluntly. Aren, in shock hobbled next to the man and prepared himself, "I'm not takin' no as an answer." "Fine then, but i'm leaving your corpse here." The man readied himself, "Let's go!" Aren and the man dealt an unrelenting blow to the wyvern's side, while the purple serpent blew poison on the wyvern's opposite side. The wyvern, damaged from the strike, and in unmatched pain from the poison eating away at it's other side, roared in pain. "I hear it....the end of this beast!" The man leaped up in front of the wyvern "Poison Dragon's Crushing Fang!" He swiped with his terrifyingly long nails and dealt a fatal blow to the wyvern knocking it to the ground.

Wow, thanks for that.... uh, what's your name?" Aren stood in front of the man that had almost effortlessly defeated such a large beast, and saved his life. "My name is Cobra, and yours is Aren." Aren looked aghast, he hadn't recalled saying his name. "You didn't say your name. I can hear your thoughts." "Wait! You can... hear my thoughts!" Aren looked puzzled and a little worried. "Yes, and although it may be late, I must leave." Cobra turned around and leapt to the nearest tree branch, then to the next, so quickly, before long he was out of sight. Trailing, Aren followed suit, wishing to see more of this Cobra.