Chapter 2

Puck 's POV

I knew I was committing suicide by walking into the Unseelie court willingly. But young Charlotte intrigued me. She was beautiful. Where I had thought Meghan was gorgeous, I was so drawn to Charlotte that I may as well have been the sea under the pulling force of the moon. Any other faery may have fled from this feeling of being almost under a spell. But I grabbed Charlotte's hand, and carried on into the castle, and possibly to my doom.

I was freezing in my thin clothing, but barely shivering. Charlotte was trembling in her velvet dress and cloaks. There was no way this fragile girl was a winter faery.

The young faery visibly straightened herself and ground her teeth together, which ceased her shivering. Charlotte dropped my hand -somewhat reluctantly- and we entered the castle.

She walked with confidence past the guards, the piercing look in her dark eyes seemed to dare anyone to challenge her authority. Charlotte had obviously obtained a great many acting skills through her years in the Unseelie court.

"Stay here a moment." Charlotte muttered to me, but I of course followed directly after her.

"My dear, what ever caused you to wonder into the gardens? I had-" the Queen of Ice's words died upon her tongue as I came into sight.

"Guards..." she warned, and they all stepped forward.

"My queen, fear not. Robin Goodfellow has come to our kingdom bearing no ill will." Charlotte stated clearly, her head bowed in respect.

"Oh really?" the Ice-Bitch laughed, her cutting chuckle containing no humor. "Is this so, little Robin Goodfellow?"

"Of course, m'lady. I am here on no terms except my own. I bare no ill will toward the Unseelie Kingdom, as the kingdoms have had peace for quite a while now. I have no intentions of throwing that peace away. I simply bumped into Charlotte, and I had not realised there was a new heiress to the Unseelie throne. Queen Mab, I ask only to stay a short time here." I was bound to the rule that faeries cannot lie, although a lie would have been much smoother.

"Very well, Goodfellow. I heard that you have renounced the Seelie Court. But I swear that if you cause any trouble in my kingdom, I shall end your miserable existence." Mab's voice chilled me to the bone, and I simply nodded.

"Of course. Why would I ever cause any trouble in your kingdom?" I say, a bit of sarcasm biting the edges of my statement.

"Now, Charlotte. What ever possessed you to go outside?" she questioned the princess, her cruel voice sending shivers down even my spine.

"M'lady, I went to inspect the horrid damage inflicted by that dreadful gang of red caps. I wished to know what they are capable of and how they are capable of it so as to prevent it from happening again." Charlotte spoke quickly but surely, sounding more like a scholar than a teen. "I wish only to know every facet of this kingdom, to make sure it stays in the perfect order of how your kingdom should always be."

'She is lying,' Puck thought in surprise. 'She isn't a faery at all!'

Mab considered the princess's words for a moment before nodding approvingly. "Of course, my sweet. Such a smart girl. Please, return to your place at my side. Goodfellow, join us," the queen beamed, and indicated the chair to Charollotte's right, down a level from the princess and two from herself.

I decided to behave myself, and sat like the respectable young man I could be. Charollotte glanced out the side of her eye, and nodded almost imperceptibly at me.

I knew I had to stick around and find out where the young princess was really from.

A/N: So before with this chapter, I noticed I had left a plot hole with Puck being able to lie. I hope that this change has satisfied everyone's needs?