Chapter 14

Puck's POV
We made it into the next town around five o'clock, just as the dinner rush was starting in the small town. Charlotte and I found a small diner, with a dusty neon sign that read "Diner".
We found a quiet two person booth in the corner of the diner, and the green pleather seats were worn from the numerous previous customers. Charlotte was unsure of many of the foods, as she had been raised on the foods of the Nevernever. I ordered her a Swiss and mushroom burger, fries, a cherry Coca Cola, and a strawberry milkshake for dessert. Charlotte's eyes widened when the waitress brought out our food. "It's delicious, I swear." I watched in amusement as Charlotte made her way through the mortal food, tasting the deliciously fattening morsels. It was definitely great to see her reaction to the strawberry milkshake. Her eyes were wide with delight, and smiled so much.
I ate my own food without much reaction. I had eaten nothing but mortal food the entire time I'd been Meghan's guardian.
Once we had finished our dinners, Charlotte and I paid our bill with real money that I'd swiped from the clothing store where we'd been attacked. I left a twenty dollar tip for our twenty dollar meal. My time in the mortal world made me aware of how poorly waitresses were paid.
"Puck," Charlotte yawned, holding onto my arm as we walked down the sidewalk away from the diner.
"Yeah, Princess?" I asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
"I'm so tired. Can we find somewhere to sleep?" She asked, her voice quiet and heavy with exhaustion.
"Of course. Look, there's a motel over there. Let's get a room, and you can sleep in as late as you want tomorrow." I murmured, guiding her across the road on the crosswalk. The clerk looked up from a novel, and put a scrap of notebook paper between the pages.
"Good evening folks, would like to stay in our honeymoon suite?" The clerk asked with a smile on his face.
"No thank you. We just need a single room for the night," I smiled politely. The clerk nodded, and tapped away on his ancient computer.
"Alright, you guys are going to be in room twelve. That's fifty for the night, and thirty for each additional night."
I pulled out fifty dollars, and passed it to the clerk. He handed over a room key, with a worn laminated orange tag on the ring.
"Have a good night, just call down here if there's any issues," the clerk called after us as we walked back outside and down the walk to the room with a tarnished sign that read 12 on the door.
"Here we go," I smiled, unlocking the door and assisting Charlotte to the bed. She automatically curled up and went to sleep, not bothering to take her shoes off. I just shook my head, then shut and locked the door before sitting down next to her on the bed. I slid her shoes off, and pulled the blanket out from underneath her before covering her with it. "Sleep well, Princess," I whispered before kicking off my shoes, switching the light off, and crawling under the covers on the other side of the bed.

Author's Note:
Hey guys, I'm glad people are still enjoying this story. This was kind of a filler chapter, but I was feeling mushy today. :D
Hope you're all having a good time. I leave for college in 4 days!! Hope everyone enjoys the last of summer before lovely lovely autumn arrives.

Also, shout out to @Isabellabeltran6