Chapter 7

Puck's POV

When I awoke, the sun was poking through the curtains, and falling warmly on my cheek. The sounds of a grumbling princess brought me back to reality. And the reality was that she was totally curled up against me, her face nuzzled into my chest.
"Princess," I said quietly, running my hands over her hair, then her cheeks. She was very warm, and looked so peaceful. "Princess, it's time to wake up, miss princess...."
Charlotte just grumbled and cuddled in closer to me. I grinned, and wrapped my arms around her tight, and she sighed happily. I did not want to move, but I knew that Charlotte's attendants would be coming any moment. So I did what any reasonable person would do. I started poking her in the ribs.
Charlotte sat straight up, slapping my hands away. "Why did you wake me up?" She demanded, looking disheveled.
"Well, princess, I could have just let your attendants come in to find you all cuddled up comfy cozy to a summer faery," I said nonchalantly, pushing my hair back out of my face.
Charlotte groaned, and crawled out from beneath her mountain of blankets. "Come on, I've got to sneak you out of here," she said, grabbing a large velvet cloak off of her bedside chair. After putting it on, she stood by the door, tapping me her foot impatiently. "Come on, we've got to go!"
"M'Lady Charlotte! Are you awake?" A call and a knock came from outside the door. Charlotte's eyes widened. She threw off her cloak and dove into the bed, climbing under the covers.
"Get under the blankets and stay very still. Do not move." She whispered. I complied, and slid down beside her legs.
"Charlotte?" The attendant called again.
"Yes, I am awake," Charlotte called back in a cool, calm voice, without emotion. "You may enter." The door creaked open, and there were footsteps across the floor. There was a slight clinking noise of glass against wood.
"Your breakfast, M'Lady." The voice was low, even, and without expression. 'These winter pricks must be heartless to be so cold and boring,' I thought. 'Time for some fun.'
I began poking Charlotte's leg, then her side. She slipped her hand beneath the covers, trying to swat me away.
"M'Lady, is something wrong?"
"No, there is nothing wrong, Moth. You may leave now." Charlotte replied sternly. There were footsteps across the room, followed by the closing of the door.
"Robin Goodfellow!" Charlotte exclaimed, throwing the covers back.

Author's Note:
Sorry for the late updates! This year has been so crazy busy! I hope you all had/have a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it) or just a nice day!