Chapter 2

Lorry was wheeled in once again only this time it was into a more comfortable room, rather than a white, non violent room.

"Good morning Lorry, how are you today?"

She looked up at Patience and said nothing.

"Where do you want her?" asked one of the white coated men.

"I want her where she is comfortable."

Lorry snapped her head back to Patience not understanding why she was being so nice.

"She's a little whacked out, so just pick where you want her."

"Release her and let her go where she pleases, I trust her enough not to attack me," said Patience with a small sincere smile.

The men released Lorry and she bolted to a corner behind a chair. The men left and closed the door behind them.

"Lorry, come out please."

"You said I could be where ever I'm comfortable, this is where I'm comfortable."

"Alright, well then I'll talk and you respond when you feel ready to," Patience said sitting in a chair across the room, being sure to give her space. "I wrote down what you said yesterday. I would like to know who you were talking about."

Lorry pulled her knees into her chest and looked down at the floor.

"Ok, well have you had any dreams lately?"

Lorry shook her head and avoided looking at her.

"Any bad thoughts; images?"

Lorry was still, no reply came from the nearly dead young girl.

"Lorry? Did you hear me?"

Still no answer, her headed tilted towards Patience and with no expression, stared at her.

"Lorry?"

"I'm not Lorry!"

The same voice, it was the same voice from her dream, the same one that told her Lorry was gone. Patience got up from her chair and walked towards Lorry.

"STOP!" Lorry screamed.

Patience stopped abruptly and her eyes widened to the effect Lorry's words had on her movement. "Lorry?"

"Stop calling me LORRY! She's gone, she is mine!"

Patience stepped back to brace herself.

"Stop it, get away from me. He will kill you!" Lorry screamed grasping her head and crying.

"Lorry, what's going on?"

"What did I just say? Stop calling me LORRY!"

Lorry's body lifted from the floor and her eyes turned red. Patience started to back up but as she blinked, there was Lorry, or Lorry's body, standing behind her.

"Are you scared of a little possessed child, Patience? You shouldn't be, you were once possessed yourself."

Patience didn’t respond, her mind was lost in this whole situation. Her mind tried to revert back to her scientific study but it wouldn’t let her. Her mind wanted to remember, it wanted to remember what this voice was talking about.

"Poor, little Patience Edan, so lost and confused by her parents death, not sure what to do with the dead bodies and the blood all over the house."

"I never did that, I didn’t kill them," Patience defended herself.

"Oh no? Then why is the sight of a shiny knife in little Patience's hand covered with blood embedded in your memory?"