Chapter 6

"Open door #869!"

The steel door unhinged and released its grip on the frame. Inside was a room padded on all sides.

Patience was sitting on the floor with her back turned towards the door and her arms wrapped around her waist in a straitjacket. She turned her head to see who was coming into the room.

"Hi, Patience."

"Sir?"

She struggled to turn around and with pleading eyes she looked at him. His face was blanketed in disappointment.

"Patience, I'm here to talk."

"I didn’t do those thing, you have to believe me," she said panicking and struggling to beg him for help.

"I'm sorry Patience but you were the only one there, your prints were all over the knife, we have nothing to defend you."

"It was that thing, the shadow creature," she cried.

"Patience, I'm sorry but you need to stay here, if you believe in the exact thing Lorry thought."

"You have to believe me, Lorry wasn't insane, she really was being used and I was when Mark and Lorry died."

"The work finally got you," he said standing up and walking towards the door. "I'm somewhat upset that our best therapist cracked under the pressure."

Patience scrabbled towards the door crying, "You have to believe me, I didn’t do it!" The steel door shut just as Patience got to her feet. "Please, I need someone to believe me," my mumbled to herself through her own tears.

"You might as well give up sweetheart."

"You, you did this to me, you put me here!" she screamed as she whipped around and stepped towards the shadowy figure.

"Very good! You really need to give this dumb act up."

"Why me? What did I do to you?"

"You? You did nothing; you had a perfect life, a loving husband, a good job, and even the ability to help someone. I didn’t get that, I had a horrible family and no boy ever looked my way, I won't let anyone have a perfect life!" it screamed causing Patience's ears to nearly burst.

"You're doing this for revenge?"

"Quit the stupid ACT!"

The figure dissipated into a vision of black smoke.

Patience broke into tears and fell to her knees. She struggled to get her arms free from the straitjacket so she could simply cover her eyes and hide from the reality that has turned its back on her.

She heard footsteps and she lifted herself onto her feet and glanced out the window in her door to see a tall man, strongly built. His hair swept across his forehead and her eyes had a soft blue color to them. His smile seemed to run across his face with such ease that it was almost natural.

He turned slightly and faced the cell Patience was in, and it resembled Mark.

"Mark?" Patience muttered to herself as his glace caught hers through the window.

She over heard the man talking to her ex boss. "So, who is my next patient?" the man asked.

"Patience Edan," the boss stated.

"Patience Edan, she sounds familiar."

Patience began to have a panic attack, was it really Mark that came back to see her.