Chapter 4

The porch light lit up as Patience walked up to her front door and slid the key into the knob and walked inside. She shut the door and locked it. She turned around and set her purse on the table next to the door.

"Hey sweetie."

Patience jumped and nearly slammed her head into the door. "Oh god, don’t do that!"

"I'm sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you," said Mark. "A little stressed out?"

"Just a little," she said putting her head on his chest.

"What happened?"

"Lorry is innocent and the boss won’t release her cause he thinks she's playing games with me. I know that girl is innocent."

"I'm sorry sweetie here, sit down." He walked into the kitchen and came back with a mug in his hand. "Here you go," he said handing it to her.

"Thanks," Patience said cupping her hands around the warm mug of tea. She glanced down into the mug and it was a light colored brown. She lifted the edge to her lips and felt something round touch her lip. She looked down and threw the mug.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Mark cried out trying to hold her down.

"I saw it, I saw it, there was an eye in the tea, a human eye," she cried.

"An eye?" He knelt down and picked the mug up and looked inside. "You sure it wasn’t the ice cube that touched your lip?"

"No, there was an eye in it!"

"I think you need some well need rest," he said leading her up stairs.

"Patience?"

"Hello?"

"Come here, I need you."

"Who needs me?"

"It's me Lorry, I need you to be here, why aren't you here?"

"I'm right here, I hear you but I don’t see you."

"Patience, their going to convict me, I won't even have a say in it."

"They won't convict you, I won't let them, I promise."

"I've heard your promise before; you shouldn't promise anything you can't keep."

"I'll make sure I'm at you court appearance, I promise."

No answer

"Lorry, I promise."

"Stop promising that girl things."

"I will keep this one."

"No you won't, you won't have the chance to."

Patience woke up in a violent thrash and looked around her room. The curtains were closed and there was no sun light coming through. She laid back down and put her arm on her forehead. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and rolled over to face Mark, who wasn’t there. She grabbed the note that was sitting on Mark's pillow.

"Hey, sorry I had to go to work for some drilling tests. I'll be home around 5, just in time to see you off to work. I love you; I'll see you when you wake up."

She smiled and kissed the paper while closing her eyes. She pulled the paper from her face and looked over to his spot on the bed.

"You know he really does love you."