Chapter 10: I thought this was gonna be easy...

After our long, beautiful moment of hugging, Billie and I sat down awkwardly.
Billie opened his mouth to speak but, quickly closed it when a waitress came over.
I won't say that she was ugly because, then I'd be lying through my teeth.

She had on the typical 'waitress' outfit. Black skinny jeans, a black baggy T-shirt with a little breast pocket sewn on it, a black half-apron tied around her waist.
On her feet; fully black converse.

She had straight, platinum blonde hair that she pulled back into a high ponytail with a black scrunchy with smokey grey eye-makeup and pink lipgloss.

"Hey, guys. I'm Steph, would you guys like anything?" She said looking down as she pulled a pad and pen out of her apron.

As she clicked her pen, she looked up and her eyes immediately widened as they set on Billie.

"You're Billie Joe Armstrong from Foxboro Hottubs, yeah?"

Billie's smile grew wide as someone finally recognised him from something other than Green Day.

"Yeah, I am. Thank you."

"No problem! Big fan."

"You're into garage rock?"

"Yeah! One of my Favorite genres. I went to one of your shows at Eli's Mile High Club in Oakland."

"Oh, yeah! That was one of our secret sets."

"Yeah, well. That's when I got into you and bought your record; Stop, Drop & Roll!!! How come you haven't made anymore?"

"Well, my main band; Green Day, made an album out of a trilogy '¡Dos!' Which was originally gonna be a 'FBHT' album, but there were so many songs we were like, 'Hey! Why not make a trilogy?!' So, yeah. That happened." He said chuckling.

What.
The.
Fuck.

"Oh, yeah! I searched 'FBHT' on Wiki and it said you were associated with a band I hadn't quite listened to. I heard of it and thought I'd listen to it. You're good. But, your trilogy was more my style because of that edgy-garage-rocky-grungy sound to it. Are you planning on making a second album for 'FBHT'?"

"Nah, probably not. Foxboro has probably taken its toll at the moment. We may play surprise shows from now on but, nothing more, y'know?"

"Oh, that's too bad! I really love your music! But, that's okay. I heard Green Day was going on pretty well so, I can see why you would want to spend more time on that."

"Yeah, well-" I cut him off before he continued by clearing my throat.

"Nevermind that...um. Could I just get a regular latte? One sugar." She seemed to laugh.

Seemed.

Of course.

"You got it. And you, love?" She turned to me with a wide, almost too wide grin on her face.

Well, doesn't she look glorious. It's not like you talked up my goddamn father or anything...nah. Nothing like that...

"Uh. A cappuccino. Two sugars."

"No problem. Any sweets?"

Billie seemed to smirk at the sound of 'sweets'.

Perverted little shit. You've got a bloody wife.

"I think we're good, thanks." He said almost seductively.

Oh, you man-slut.

She smiled at him longingly and seemed to skip off back to the counter.

He kept smirking at her as she made our hot refreshments.
I quickly kicked him hard under the table.

"Ow, what the fuck, Neo?!" He whisper-yelled.

"Don't 'What the fuck, Neo' me, stupid bastard! She's like. Eighteen and you're married!"

"Did I EVER say I liked her?"

"No, that's why you're staring at her ass! God, don't make me regret forgiving you, asshole!"

This seemed to wake him up. He looked at me like a lost puppy, his eyes wide and sad, his lips turned upside down into a subtle frown and his eyebrows turned upwards in worry.

"Jesus Christ. I'm not serious, Beej!"

"I know, I just...I just don't want you walking out of me again..."

"Look, shit happens. We can't control it."

"Yeah, i understand that... I just have one question."

"Which is?"

"Why in the gods name of Christ and all things holy are you smoking?!"

And here I thought this was gonna be easy...

[A/N: I realise how short this chapter is, but I wanted the flow to keep going with the story.
Don't worry, everything will get to the plot soon.
I've been really sick lately. Running fevers and been jacked up on heaps of drugs and all that shit. Well, enjoy, guys! ]