Out Like a Light

(A month later)

*Olivia's POV

"Mom. Momma, wake up.", Bradley shakes me awake. Is she seriously calling me 'mom' and 'momma'? Am I hearing this correctly? "Momma, get up."

"Hmm?", was all I could manage to say. She hasn't ever called me that before.

"I'm hungry."

"You're hungry?"

"Yeah. So, you should get up and make me food so I don't starve.", she jokes.

"You're fourteen. Make your own breakfast.", I groan.

"So, I can use the stove?", I sigh, loudly, and roll over.

"What do you want?"

"I dunno. I just know that it needs to be yummy!"

"You're so peppy in the mornings."

"And you're grumpy. You're like..Squidward.", all I can do is laugh.

"Come on.", I get up and put some shorts on. We go into the kitchen and I look through the fridge. "We got bacon and eggs."

"'Kay.", she replies. "Are we still going to the school today?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Why?", she pouts.

"Because. You're fourteen and you have to go to school."

"I don't think school should be a requirement.", she states.

"No?"

"Nope. It should be optional."

"Honey, if it were optional, I wouldn't be a cop."

"Yeah, well, not all jobs require a diploma..I think.", I put the eggs and bacon in separate pans on the stove and start cooking.

"What do you want to be?"

"You.", she says without hesitation.

"Me?"

"Yeah. I mean, you're nice, your boyfriend is totally hot..", I roll my eyes. "..you're a badass-"

"Language."

"-and you have a really awesome butt.", should I be flattered? I laugh to myself as I put the food on plates and sit down.

"How-", I'm interrupted by a knock at the door followed by it opening. I didn't care, I know its Nick.

"Hey.", Bradley and I both say in unison.

"Hey.", he comes in and stands behind me.

"What's wrong?", I could tell by his demeanor that he wasn't feeling okay.

"I don't know. My boss has been kind of a hard ass lately.", he says sarcastically.

"Really, huh?", I look up to meet his gaze.

"Yeah. Apparently, telling your boss you love her at work isn't appropriate.", he chuckles.

"Well..it isn't. Could be worse.", Bradley just sits there, confused.

"You know what she did yesterday?", he asks her. "She gave Carisi desk duty for a week because he-"

"He called me fat.", Bradley's eyes widen.

"He asked if you wanted anything while he went to get lunch."

"Yeah? Well, it didn't sound like that yesterday."

"Are you coming with us to the school?", Bradley asks. She's grown fond of Nick. I'm really glad, I don't want her to fear guys because of what happened to her.