Apologizing

*Bradley's POV

I woke up at who knows what time, but it was still dark out. I got out of bed to get a glass of water, feeling terrible about the events that took place hours before. When I got to the kitchen, I realized that I wasn't alone. Mom is sitting on the couch doing something on her phone. She didn't even notice I had gotten up until the water started running.

"Hey, baby. Can't sleep?", she puts her phone down and gets up. She walks into the kitchen and stands next to me. I gulp down the water and slide onto the island.

"Uh..no. Mom, I'm really sorry. I-I shouldn't have said that."

"Honey, I know that your mother was-is-a huge part of your life. I would never try to take her place, understand?"

"Yes, ma'am.", I lower my head a starts playing with my sleeve.

"Bradley, look at me.", she lifts my chin. "I. Love. You. No matter what."

"I know that, mom.", I let out a deep breath. "Are you mad at me?"

Of course she is, you idiot.

"Not mad..I'm disappointed..and hurt."

"I shouldn't have said that. I wish I could say it was because I was..you know, but it was just me being a jerk."

"You were kind of a jerk.", she chuckles and nudges my arm, making me laugh and then get hushed for it. "Daddy and I still have to talk about that."

"I just wanted to have fun.."

"There are plenty of legal ways to have fun, Bradley."

"I-I know", she pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

"I love you so, so much."

"I love you, too.", footsteps come closer and eventually make their grand appearance before us.

"What's goin' on?", I walk over to him and give him a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, dad. I was stupid and wrong..I'm sorry."

"Its not necessarily okay, but-"

"Nick."

"Its okay.", he kisses the top of my head, just like mom did, and gives me a hug. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Alright, babe.", mom sighs. "I think its time you should get in bed."

"Um..okay, yeah. I'll see you in the morning.", I walked back to my room and went straight to sleep. I think it really helped that I talked to them. I really screwed up when I said that to her.

*Olivia's POV

We're just getting settled back into bed when Alex starts crying. Just my luck. I got ready to get out of bed, but Nick grabs my arm and pulls me back down, kissing me afterwards.

"I got him."

"You sure, babe?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. You need to get some sleep.", I mouth the words 'thank you' and kiss him again before he attends to our screaming child in the room next door. Minutes later, he returns with the baby still crying in his arms.

"Hello, my love!", I take him in my arms and pat his butt. Nick sits down next to me. "Shh. Its okay, Mommy's here.", he grabs my finger and puts it in his mouth, still crying. 'Okay, you know what? Lets give you to daddy..", I hand him to Nick. "I'll go get him a bottle. Need anything while I'm up?"

"No, I-", Alex starts screaming again, reaching for me. "Momma.", Nick says as he places him back in my arms.

"Okay, okay. I got you, baby. Shh. Its okay, Alex.", i lay back on the bed and hold him to my chest. After ten minutes, he finally fell asleep. Nick put him back in the crib and came back to bed.

(The next morning)

I dart out of bed and rush to the bathroom, emptying my stomach's contents into the toilet. Great. I have the flu. Just what I need right now. Nick had left earlier this morning, so its just me and the kids. Sundays are usually really slow though.

"Mom! When you're done puking, I need the tampons!", Bradley's yells from the hallway. Teenagers are so considerate. Wait, did she just say tampons? I stopped breastfeeding five months ago, so I should've gotten my period at least two months ago.

"Fuck!", I curse myself before dry heaving.

A/N

Okay, so this one sucked and its short, but I needed to get to the good part, so..let me in on your thoughts??😊