Chapter Three

Chapter Three

~

A week has passed and Tom and I became closer friends. Jet is still an ass. My sister came back from France and my mom is forcing me to come to a party.

A fancy party that I'll die of boredom.

Ugh, no.

"Hey loser." A voice called out to me. I turned around and faced the barbie of our school.

"Hey barbie." I said as I tugged in a small smirk.

She looks like a walking barbie and everything in her, is fake. Everything is possible with magic, or plastic surgery.

"Look, I just came here to give you this." She handed me a pink envelope with my poorly-written name scribbled on it.

"Nice penmanship." I snorted as I hand back the envelope and she refused to have it back.

"Listen, my mom is inviting your family to my... party." She says the last word very inaudibly, with a hint of disgust.

"I'm not interested." I replied pushing my glasses back to the top of my nose bridge.

"Accept it, okay? I have to follow my mom's orders." She shoves the invitation into my locker and quickly walks away.

I looked at the already crumped looking envelope.

Do I really need to come?

"Good morning, Wendy!" Tom suddenly appeared by my side, causing me to jump and shove the envelope into the back part of my locker.

"Hey, Tom." I replied slamming my locker shut.

"Here." He hands me a chocolate muffin and a cup of coffee.

"For what?" I asked, tilting my head the side.

"No reason." He flashes me one of his gorgeous smiles.

"Oh." I blushed at the thought of him liking me, but that was impossible. I mean, Tom's my friend.

No one could like me. With this appearance of mine, no one would.

Tom couldn't like me, we only met for a week or so.

"Hey Regan!" A familiar voice ruined my train of thoughts.

As I turned around, I found him standing behind me.

"Ooh, muffin!" He grabbed the pastry in my hand and took a large bite out of it.

"What the hell, dude?!" I shouted at him as he continued to eat it.

"Whar, I'rm rungry!" He defended while chewing. It was digusting.

"Tom gave that to me!" I shouted as I pointed to Tom.

"No, it's okay. I'll buy you another one." He said assuringly and still manages to flash a smile.

I looked back at Jet who was crumbling the muffin into pieces. He had the same look in his eyes, but then it returned back to a calm state.

"Can't afford a descent breakfast, Regan?"

And with that, my coffee was already dripping from his fine sculpted face.

***