Chapter Four

Chapter Four

~

"I- I c- can't o- open t-the d- door." I shivered as I dropped the house key for the fourth time. Jonnyl groaned and picked up the key. He thrusted it into the lock and welcomed himself into our heated home.

I followed him into my home, and shut the door behind me.

I would be happy or like, extremely dying of happiness because he's here, but I was sick so, I hated him being here.

He set himself on the couch. I didn't actually expect him to take care of me. He couldn't care less about me. He just asked me to leave his car to freeze to death outside earlier.

I dragged myself into the kitchen and began rummaging the cupboards to find medicine.

"Are you hungry?" He leaned on the kitchen door, and continued to type on his phone.

"I prefer my house like this. I don't want it burnt down." I replied, rummaging on the lower cupboards.

"I can cook." He raised his eyes from his phone to look at me.

"Like what?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well... I can make ice." I stared at him in disbelief. Another headache punched again. My hands flew up to my temples and I continued to rub it.

"Look, I just need Advil, okay?" I pointed out while squinting my eyes, trying to regain my blurry vision.

"Well, the Advil is right there. Beside you." I turned my head to the counter and found the stupid bottle of my Advil.

Stupid Wendy.

"You know, you should be taking your medicine instead of staring at me." He said as he pulled on a smirk and went back on typing.

"You could've let me outside to freeze to death. Much more better than staying in here with you." I hissed. I didn't bother taking a pill. I was too hot-headed to care. Yet, I took the bottle and a bottle of water. I turned my heel and dragged myself up the stairs.

"Angry, I see. Anyways, want to head out?" He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and leaned on the railing.

"I'm sick. I might die in your arms." I made a disgusted face and did a fake shiver.

"Ha-ha. Funny. We could go to a club or something." He shrugged as if it was a normal decision made  everyday.

"Not only will I die in your arms, I will die in a club where intoxicated people roaming around and half naked girls dance about. Very classy, indeed." Yeah, and the police would find me, my sister and my mom would know, and Jet would put the blame on me.

I could imagine how terrible my life would go.

"Oh come on, other girls would die if I took them out to the club."

"Except, I'm not the other girls. I'm different." And with that, I jogged to my room, and locked the door.

I instantly jumped to my bed, enveloping myself inside the warm haven. This just happens to make me lazy, lazy enough to not drink the medicine that was on my hands.

A lazy bastard, like Seven always says.

My phone vibrated inside my pocket, and I instantly fished it out without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hmm?" Not lazy to get my phone, but lazy to say hello.

"Hey, are you already home?" I recognized Tom's confused voice over the line.

"Yeah, I almost froze to death." I said as I ran my hand to my unbelievably dry hair. Since when did my hair go dry? Maybe from the weather?

"What? Why?" Tom was much on the question-type person, or whatever you call it. He asks a lot of question. He's concerned about me, and I understand that. But sometimes, he asks unbelievably stupid questions.

"Mr. Gentleman got irritated with me sneezing and spreading germs around his car, and told me to walk home." Okay, so I left out the part where he carried me. Tom would go psycho if he knew that a delinquent told me to get out of his car, ask to come back inside the car, and be carried by him because I was too stubborn.

He could understand, perfectly.

"Jesus Christ, Wendy. Why did you even let him take you home in the first place?"

"I didn't. Seven did." I sighed, automatically Tom sighed as well. I sat up and decided to drink the Advil. This headache is killing me. I popped one and drank the water.

A loud banging sound, caused me to jump and spray the water all over the sheets of my bed.

I swear, I looked like a god damn sprinkler.

I placed my phone back to my ear, reaching a panicked Tom.

"What the hell was that? Are you okay?!" Tom frantically questioned me. Before I could answer, another banging sound followed by a voice.

"Open the door!!" Jet shouted from behind the door.

"I'm busy!!" I shouted back. Instantly, my door opened.

"Is that, Jet? He has a key to your room?" Tom asked.

"No, he has a foot." I answered, as I faced the guy who broke my door.

"What are you doing?" Jet asked as he stood on the side of my bed.

"Talking to someone." I said in a 'duh' tone, which earned a chuckle from Tom over the line.

"Yeah, not really." He grabbed my phone, ended the call and placed it in his pocket.

"What?! Give me back my phone, asshole!!" I scrambled up to get my phone from him, but he stopped me by holding both of my wrists.

"Nah. Get up and change. We're going somewhere."

"I'm sick!!"

"You don't look sick." He studied my face, and instantly I let myself fall behind, without thinking of the fact that he went down with me. He hovered above me.

"Or, we could stay like this and-"

"No! Get off!" I punched his chest, but I ended up getting hurt.

"Holy shit." I quickly held my hand, rubbing it, as if the pain will go away.

"Muscle, baby." He winked at me, which sent me scowling.

"Wait, why is your bed wet?" He sent me a mischievous look, which sent my hand flying to his chest again, this time, it didn't hurt that much.

"Yeah, you turned me into a sprinkler when you started going mad on my door." I tried standing up but he didn't budge. He was just staring at me. Curiosity and confusion was circling around his eyes. I don't know why, but I just stared back.

Lost.

"I.." I uttered, I was lost for words.

When he came back to earth, he scrambled up to his feet and proceeded to the door.

"Get dressed, now. We're going somewhere."

"Why?"

"I'd rather be anywhere but here."

This time, I was confused.

"What?"

~