Chapter Six

Chapter Six

~

I continued to bury myself under the blanket and under his arms.

It was cold again. Unbelievably cold.

I squirmed under his arm to find heat, but we're outside, on a hill, on top of his car, at 2 am.

I glanced up, and there were still stars that made me want to look at it forever.

I felt something vibrating, and my hands flew over to the pockets of my pajamas, but my phone wasn't there.

Jet took it earlier.

I slided my hand to the pockets of his jacket, and safely retrieved my phone.

I received dozens of missed calls: from Seven and Tom. But, mostly Tom. My phone vibrated again, and I answered it.

"Hello?" My voice was hoarse, probaly from the alcohol.

"Good, you answered." I heard Tom sigh in relief. "I was worried when you didn't pick up a few hours ago. Are you okay?" His voice was frantic, and probably had no sleep.

"Yes, I'm fine, Tom. Get some rest." And with that my phone was taken from me.

"What the hell?" I said as Jet hung up the phone, and gave it back to me.

"You dont just do that, Regan." He said with his eyes still closed, and a tired voice. I admit though, it was endlessly fascinating to see him talk like this.

"I need to go home." I stepped down the hood, and waited for him to do the same, but he didn't.

"Jet, I need to go home." I repeated which earned a grunt from him.

"Then go home, I'll just stay here." He said as he wrapped himself with the rest of the blanket. Do we have to go through this again?

Without warning him, I started to walk down the hill. It was dark and steep, so I had to use my phone to light the path.

Once I reached town, I called a cab, but it was a ittle too late. So, I called Tom.

~~~

"What were you doing at the edge of town?" He said as I entered his car.

"Jet took me there."

"Why?"

"To look at the stars." I also left the part where he stole some drinks and we fell asleep on the hood of his truck. Tom didn't reply to what I said, maybe he just let it slide, for now. I was staring straight ahead until I fell asleep, with my head resting on the window.

I woke up when Tom was carrying me up the stairs at my house.

"What time is it?" I mumbled, still half asleep.

"3 in the morning." He whispered as he let me down when we reached the top of the stairs. "Get some rest, Wends." He said as he gave me a small smile, and went down stairs. I made my way to my room to get some sleep.

I remembered Jet's text before I dozed off.

"How dare you leave me alone?"

~~~

The weather is getting to me and I don't like it.

I parked my car next to Tom's. Tom was a little early for today, specially when he had to drive me home last night. I got sicker from the cold and alcohol last night. I got to remind myself to not hang out with Jet when I'm sick.

Once I stepped oout of my car, the cool breeze hit me. It was undeniably cold, and I had to hug myself until I reached the entrance of the school.

I saw Tom talking to one of the basketball team's players.When he saw me, he instantly made his way to me, with a smile creeping on his lips.

"Hey, had some rest?" He caught up to me and carried my bag. He also opened the door for me.

"I could say the same to you." I rubbed my palms together, damn I wish I bought my sweater. Tom turned his head to me.

Tom gave me back my bag, and he instantly slid off his jacket. He draped it over my shoulders, and I was about to take it off but he shook his head. "I have an extra one in my locker, don't worry." He gave me one of his smiles which sent my heart fluttering. I admit, Tom is gorgeous and I still can't believe that he's still hanging out with me.

Once I arrived at my locker, Patricia called out to Tom. "Tom! Can I talk to your for a sec?" She raised one of her manicured nails and batter her eyelashes at him. "I'll be right back." Tom said as he ruffled my hair, and I just nodded. The existence of Patricia annoys the hell out of me, but I just shrugged it off. I could smell Tom's cologne lingering in his jacket. I slipped my arms inside the sleeves of his jacket and it felt warm against my skin.

I grabbed my books, and closed my locker. I glanced at Tom and Patricia, and she was holding on to a pink envelope.

Her party. Tom is invited.

Before I could move another muscle, my head was knocked hard with a ball. My glasses came off and I lost grip on my books. I received laughs from the student's around, and I couldn't stop the water brimming at my eyes. I glanced behind me and saw the basketball team, with Jet holding the ball.

His eyes smiled along with his lips, as laughter escaped from his mouth.

I looked ahead and saw Patricia, hiding a muffled laugh while covering her laugh. Tom picked up my glasses, and I picked up my books.

"Hey Thomas!" Jet made his way to us with the basketball team behind him. "Think fast." He threw the ball fast at Tom and he instantly caught it with one hand. That sent the crowd to form a small circle around us. "The basketball team, huh?" Jet started, "You want to join, right? I just need you to do a favor, and you can start training with us." I stared at Tom, his jaw locked and obviously he was trying not to say something.

"Throw the ball at her." Jet nodded in my direction, and I kept my eyes locked at Tom. "If she catches it, you're not training with us. If she doesn't, then you can start later." Tom stared at the ball, and I couldn't handle the tension forming between us.

The bell went off, signaling the start of classes and before I knew it, Jet was already on the floor, knocked down with the ball.

"Think fast." Tom said before ushering me out of the circle.

-