Chapter Five

Chapter Five

~

"I am not going inside there!" I pointed to the building infront of us. The large neon sign that kept flashing above the building was disturbing me. Really disturbing me.

"Come on! We're just going to get a few things." He said as he simply placed his two hands inside his jacket.

"We can't. We're minors!" I raised my hands up to make a point, and received a sigh from him.

"Fine. Stay in the car, keep it lock. Don't open it until I get back." And with that, he threw his keys at me. I giddily skipped back to his car.

As I entered the car, I noticed that he left his phone.

This is going to be a fun night.

I grabbed his phone and clicked it to make it come alive. I swiped the lock and to reveal that it has a passcode.

I sighed, as I leaned back on the chair. There's nothing wrong in guessing, I guess.

Since it was four numbers, I tried to guess four zeros.

Guess what?

It opened.

***

It's been 30 minutes and he's not back yet. He doesn't have enough pictures, videos, apps or messages. Useless.

I'm freezing inside his car and I'm not going to force myself to get him because I want to go home.

I was wearing flannel pajamas, and a big jersey shirt. This would be a total excuse that I'm a minor.

I leaned on to the steering wheel, staring right ahead, waiting for him to exit those double doors.

I glanced at the clock: 9:37

I should be at home, reading books, watching movies and sleeping. But no, I'm here outside a club waiting for him to go get something.

Moments later, those double doors opened and there he was running. Running straight for the car holding a bag and some bouncers were following him.

What the hell?

I instantly unlocked all the doors and he entered quickly.

"Drive!" He shouted, and instantly, I stepped on the gas.

We were out of the parking lot and into the street, passing every yellow light and red light we see.

He continued to look behind and when he found out that no one was chasing us, he let me slow down the car.

"I don't know where we are." I whispered, as I tried to look for a street sign. My heart was still accelerating from the adrenaline.

"I know where we are. Just continue on straight ahead." He said as he leaned back into his seat and tried to regain his normal breathing. I glanced at the bag that was on the floor. He didn't steal, right?

I continued on, going straight as he said. We reached a forest-like hill and he told me to drive up.

And so I did.

We reached the top of the hill and there was secluded spot there. We parked the car. When we exited the car, there was an amazing view of the city and the stars. Absolutely breathtaking.

"Wow." I managed to utter in amazement.

"I know." He whispered. He fished out a blanket from the back of the car and placed it on the hood.

"Come here." He gestured for me to come over, and I did. He held me by my waist and instantly, he lifted me up to the hood.

He lifted himself up with the mysterious bag hanging from his shoulder.

He leaned against the windshield of his car, and I just mimicked him.

I became surprisingly quiet. The atmosphere was comfortable, it wasn't awkward. It's how every girl feels when they're with a guy.

"Do you drink?" He turned away from the stars and he looked at me. I have never drunk alcohol before so I shaked my head feeling quite embarassed.

He chuckled and began rummaging through the bag. "I don't blame you for not being a badass." And I don't know how to react to that.

He opened one bottle and handed it to me.

"Seriously?"

"It's not that hard." That's when I took it. It was white and bubbly. He was eye-ing me when I took my first sip.

And it's not that bad.

He smirked at me, then he took out his own bottle and took a swig at it.

Silence onced again reigned over us. I wanted him to talk more, so I opened up a topic.

"So.. uh.. are you going to Patricia's party?" I asked while staring up at the stars.

"Yeah, I think I am." Then he took another swig.

Of course, he's the boyfriend. He's supposed to be there.

My eyes were drooping as I took another sip. I continued to stare at the stars. I couldn't make up any constellations, they're just weren't my thing.

"Why did you steal?" I whispered. That thought was bugging me for a while. I let my eyes fall to a close, but I didn't sleep.

"I.. this is how I handle my hate.." He whispered back. I slowly opened my eyes and glanced at him. He was right there, a few inches away from me. He was staring at me. The light from the quarter moon radiated his face beautifully.

"You.. hate.. what?" I muttered as I tried to keep my eyes open but my intoxicated and sleepy self is forcing me to sleep.

I probably looked stupid.

He chuckled and wrappd the blanket around the both of us. He rested his chin on my head and he spoke something that I didn't knew he would say.

"Go to sleep, you're drunk."

Yeah, Maybe, I was just drunk.

I turned my head to the side as I took a last glimpse at the stars.

They were so beautiful. They were so close.

They remind me of his eyes.

~