Chapter Five - A Backstory

The characters and events in this story are fictitious, any relation to real life is coincidential.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved. 

>hope you like it! enjoy! God bless :)

CHAPTER FIVE –  A Backstory

“For a second there, I thought I was being brought back to my past where a guy left me without prior consent whatsoever.”

 “Whoa there, what are you talking about?” Tessa asked, totally surprised with Rosie’s sudden statement.

Then, Rosie gave in into telling a flashback.

Much of Rosie’s life had been a blur to most people around her except for her family. She didn’t really have any best friends during high school; she preferred acquaintances and her darling boyfriend, Justin.

It was during her late high school years when Rosie felt the extreme bliss of finally having someone by her side, someone who would spend hours and hours of doing homework with her. She came out from that shell of hers when Justin Hughes came into her life. He was an incredibly smart young man who’d top math, history, physics, and science without even having the need of studying hard.

“What can I say? It’s inborn!” he’d brag with a playful smile. 

She’d love it when Justin wrote her sweet and romantic poems with such excellence in writing and language. Every now and then, he’d put all his knowledge with words in dedicating a poem to his one and only Rosie.    

“I love you so much that I could hug and stay beside you all day.” Rosie would usually say.

He had the capability of making Rosie swoon with his unique charm and charisma. Indeed, she rooted this to be her first and last love.

One Friday night stood out to her the most. They were lying down at Rosie’s backyard, stargazing while holding tightly on each other’s hands.

“You know what?” Justin spoke in a calm voice. “I can imagine myself growing old with you.” he let out as he shifted his weight to his right in order to take a glimpse of Rosie.

A strike of crimson crept up her cheek. The night was dark and she felt her cheeks which were burning and red, enough to be seen in the dark.

“I’d like that.” Rosie replied as she felt some tingles down her spine. For a moment there, she imagined herself getting married to Justin, moving to a house and making a family with 2 kids and a pet dog. She didn’t realize that she was already smiling.

“I can see that smile of yours.” “I promise you that the day you graduate from the university is the day when you’ll see me right outside, holding out a diamond ring, asking you to marry me.” he said as if he was also imagining a scene.

She felt goosebumps (in a good way) when those words repeated inside her head.

“And on that same day is when I’ll let you put that ring on my finger” she said. “…but you’ll be having a hard time doing so..”

“Huh? Why so?”

She giggled “because you’d have to keep me from jumping up and down because of happiness.”

“I love you.” he smiled while he said those words in such a perfect way.

“I love you too.”

He was the first man to melt Rosie’s fragile little heart. He loved her very much and she loved him even more.

However, he was also the reason for the scars and bruises which almost rendered her numb and depressed.