Chapter 3- Friend or foe

Bella POV

I saw a flash of red hair after a minute of looking where Jake disappeared. She was scouting the area.

"Victoria!" I yelled out. She appeared in a tree.

"The Cullen's aren't here." It was a statement, not a question.

"No." I answered calmly. I could take Victoria. "What are you doing here?"

"I was originally here to kill you, but I figured that I should be mad at James. He knew that he could've died if he went after you. I know that the Cullen's thought I was going to kill you. A mate for a mate. But it should be that fucker I should kill. I saw how he left you and then the mutts. So I decided to intervene when you threw a mutt far."

In her eyes I saw truth. She meant me no harm. But I could see that she was still trying to get over the fact that her mate was dead. You could choose to mate another but it would never be the same.

"Thank you. I'm sorry about James. I didn't mean to hurt anybody." She gave me a forced smile.

"How did you throw the mutt?" Her curiosity amused me. I lost it so long ago.

"Keep a secret?" She nodded. I made my vamp face. She jumped back hissing. "I won't hurt you. I swear!"

"You let the Cullen's kill him, even though you could've stopped them." Her form grew hostile. She got in a fighting stance."Your kind are stronger!"

"I'm sorry Victoria! I didn't mean for him to get killed!" I cringed at her snarls. "If I wanted him dead I would've killed him myself. He just wanted a plaything, so I figured why not. I lived long enough haven't I? But I still wouldn't have died if he had drained me. His venom would have done nothing but sting, and I would've woken up from blood loss. " I thought about my life. I have lived for over three hundred years. "Then the Cullen's came thinking they could save me. They just added another life on my conscience."

Vampire or not. James was still a person. Just a person with a slightly twisted mind.

"You.... Wanted to die?" Her voice now sorry.

"I didn't really have something to live for at the time."

"What about the Cullen boy?" She was now out of her crouch, and looking at me. "He was your mate."

"He wasn't my mate. But I loved him!" I kicked a tree and it snapped. "He fucking left me! Everybody always leaves me!" I continued to wreck the forest around us.

"I hate him!" I finally fell down and cried. I felt arms around me. "I hate my freakin life!"

"Little one, you have yet to find your mate. He will save you from this darkness clouding your life." I leaned into her.

"I just wish....... That someone could stay with me........ They always choose to leave and never come back."

"Someone will come."