Chapter 8- Imprint/ Mate

Bella's POV

I kissed her back with all that I had. I pulled back already missing her mouth against mine.

"What happened to you?" I asked. She was gone for months and she comes back wounded.

"Some old friends wanted some payback." She looked around. "Nobody's here?"

"Nobody." I confirmed.

"I'm sorry that I left." I was about to ask why. "I heard you say that your mate rejected you and I wanted to know who it was." I smiled at the thought. "I asked a favor from a witch who hates me, and she could only locate your mate. The only people in the location that you had seen or even met were me and the men who you saw that day you thanked me. You said that your mate was a her, and I realized that it was me."

My breath hitched thinking she would leave again. Then why would she kiss me? I thought to myself. Maybe she does want me? She didn't know.

"I'm not good with feelings. They're a weakness." I felt my hope crash down a little. "But when I realized that you were my mate I could help but feel happy. I got ready to come back to Forks, but a man who had wanted to kill me for centuries finally caught up to me." She kept parts out, not saying who the witch or the man was. "After a few days I started to miss you, and since I knew you were my mate I started to feel the affects of me leaving you."

"It hurt." I rubbed my chest. "Like liquid fire in your body, while your life just drains. That and your heart feels like it got trampled then eaten. Or at least something similar to that."

"I'm sorry I put you in pain. The same day I felt the pain I felt something different. I felt so many things. Somehow I flipped the switch without thinking about it. I felt the desperation to get away, the grief of my family, the anger of being betrayed, I felt the longing for you. I knew I wouldn't be able to flip the switch off again. Not while you were still alive. Not when I wanted you. But even though I had my emotions on again, I couldn't feel anything but hollow. I felt empty."

"Mates tend to feel like that when they're away. So does....does that mean you can give us a chance?" I pointed between us. She sighed.

"Bella, I was bitten." I felt my breath stop. She started to uncover her shoulder, but then she started feeling around. "That's impossible." She murmured. "It's gone." I grinned. She was going to live. "How?"

"So you wrecked my house because you had hallucinations?" She didn't answer.

I checked where she was looking. Her skin was smooth, no showing that she had been bitten. Well werewolf bites do fade after a specific amount of time. But I didn't want to tell her that. Maybe nothing will happen, but part of me was hesitant to believe that.

"Can we be thankful that you're alive?" She continued to look at the spot where she had been bitten. "Katherine?" She looked back at me.

"Yes."

"Yes to what?"

"Yes to everything you asked....... And to giving us a chance." I smiled so big that my face hurt.

"Come in. I need to have my friend over. She found her imprint." Katherine frowned.

"What's an imprint?" I almost laughed.

"An imprint is the wolfs equivalent of a mate. You would be anything they wanted you to be. " She smiled.

"Let's help your friend then. They deserve their mate, or imprint as you say." This time I actually did laugh. I told Angela that she should be at my house by four thirty. I told her that I had a surprise.