Chapter 19

"Yo!" Scott nodded, "Sup!" Stiles raised a hand. "Hi!" I called as I leant forward from the backseat to see them. Them being Christ Argent and Jackson Whittemore, both of whom were standing at the engine of Jackson's car since he'd broken down and we were obviously here to come to the rescue.

"Hey, Scott, Aurora." Mr. Argent greeted. "Your friend, here, was having car trouble. We're just taking a look." Stiles let out a strange noise of understanding.

"There's a shop right down the street, I'm sure they have a tow truck." Scott told them.

"Yeah. Do you want a ride?" Stiles asked and Scott opened his door. "Hey, come on, Jackson. You're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself." Jackson nodded wordlessly with tension thick in the air and made his way over to us as Scott got out.

"Hey boys!" Chris called, I let out a noise of indignation which he ignored as he opened the door to Jackson's car. He twisted the key and not a moment later, the car turned on. "Told you I knew a few things about cars." He walked back to his own car and drove off, all of us watching as he did so.

"What, are you following me, now?" Jackson asked angrily and Scott slammed the door. Stiles and I got out of the car.

"Yes, you stupid freaking idiot. You almost gave away everything, right there." Scott yelled.

"What are you talking about?"

"He thinks you're the second beta." Scott told him irately.

"What?" Jackson asked. Either because he couldn't comprehend the thought of being the second beta or because he didn't know what a beta was. Both were pretty likely.

"He thinks you're me!" Scott shouted and slammed his elbow into Stiles' jeep.

"Dude. My jeep." Stiles weakly protested and I put a hand on his arm, trying to tell him we should stay out of this, luckily both Scott and Jackson ignored Stiles. I didn't want any of Scott's werewolf wrath aimed at Stiles, especially not after the last times. But I also knew how much the jeep meant to him so therefore I knew he wouldn't stop protesting about the jeep acting as a punching bag.

"I can hear your heart beating from a mile away - literally! Now he thinks that there's something wrong, and now I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you too!" Scott let out a noise of frustration as if trying to keep the anger in but he turned around to the jeep. Stiles and I lunged at him and pulled him away.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, Okay, how about we step away from Stiles' Jeep." Stiles said, speaking in third person.

"This is your problem, not mine, okay? I didn't say anything, which means you're the one that's gonna get me killed. Okay, this is your fault." Jackson pushed Scott back into the jeep.

"Can we stop hitting my jeep?" He commented but Scott pushed Jackson back and I cut in.

"Hey! What the hell are you two doing!? Stop!" I shouted and pushed their chest back before standing in line with Stiles again.

"When they come after you, I won't be able to protect you. I can't protect anyone." He said and turned his gaze onto Stiles and I. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why're you looking at us? She's the-" I elbowed his in the ribs lightly and he stopped immediately, remembering that Jackson didn't know what I was. Scott turned back to Jackson

"You know, now you have to do it. Get me what I want, and I will be fine protecting myself." I rolled my eyes vexedly at Jackson's ignorance and sense of superiority.

"No, you won't! Just trust me. All it does is make things worse."

"Oh, yeah, really? You can hear anything you want and run faster than humanly possible. Sounds like a real hardship, McCall." He scoffed.