Chapter 5

Episode 2 ~ Second Chance at First Line ~ Part 1

“Turns out, the hunter who shot Scott is actually Allison’s father.” My eyes widened. So not only are there hunters, one of them is Allison’s father.

“Are hunters interested in angels?” Stiles asked softly and I nodded, gulping.

“The wings.” I told him bluntly, staring at the ground. “They hold so much power. It’s said that your wings being taken from you is the most painful thing anyone can ever experience.” He looked at me protectively.

“I won’t let anyone hurt you.” He said firmly and I smiled softly at him.

“Thank you.” I whispered and we started into each others eyes.

“You!” I heard someone call and I jumped before looking at coach who had his finger pointed at me. I pointed to myself and looked around. I then mouthed ‘me?’ he rolled his eyes and stalked towards me. I leaned back and crossed my arms. “What are you doing?” I looked down at the seat and back up at him.

“Currently?” I asked and he just stared at me. “I’m sitting on a bench.”

“Really?” He asked sarcastically.

“Umm...is that a trick question?” I saw Stiles struggling to hold in his laughter.

“Get up to the bleachers!” He pointed to the bench.

“But it’s boring up there!” I whined and he rolled his eyes.

“Then don’t come to training.”

“But I have to.”

“Just get up to the bleachers!”

“No.” I said firmly.

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No-”

“Oh my god, fine! Just shut up! You'll have to work for me though!” He then stalked away from us and I turned to Stiles smirking.

“Now you won’t be lonely.” I told him and nudged my shoulder against his.

“You submitted yourself to slavery just so I won’t be lonely?” He then put his hand on his heart. “I’m so touched.” I laughed and the coach called everyone in for warm ups. 

“Make me proud!” I called to Stiles, who tipped his helmet at me and I to chuckled.