Chapter 5 A bruise, A truth

\Mitch's POV/

It has been one week. Just, one since we started talking to each other. I smiled to myself as I opened my locker. I took out my math book from my backpack and put it into the old locker. Closing the door gently so it wouldn't make much noise. It was finally the end of the day and most kids went home.

I informed Ty that I would walk home today. I really wanted time to think for myself. I opened one of the double doors of the school and made my exit. Snow laid over the floor like a blanket. The youngest of children, laughed and played in the snow. I was actually smart today and brought a thicker sweather.

The cold,fresh air burned my lungs in a weird way. It wasn't painful it was more of a refreshing thing. I felt my phone vibrate and I smiled. I took it out of my pocket.

"Biggums, there's so much snooowww!"

I giggled at Jerome. Every time I got a new message it made my heart well up with so much happiness.

"I know! I can barely walk in it!"
" your walking home?!"
" ya"
"NOPE! Where are you? I'm driving you home!"
"Fluffy it's fine don't worry! I can walk by myself!"
"Biggums, you'll freeze!"
"I won't, don't worry I'm good!"
"Okay... But if you get cold tell me and I will zoom to where ever u are!"
"Don't worry!"
"I worry because I care."
" you have 10,000 things to worry about I shouldn't be one of them"
"No, I only have 1 thing to worry about and that's you, boo!"

My breath got caught in my throat . He cared. I smiled as I entered my home and put my phone in my pocket. "I'm home!" I hanged my sweater on the coat rack like I always do. "heeeeyy, Faggot!" I heard a voice slur and my body froze.

Fear filled me. When my mother became extremely drunk she would usually beat me. "C-Come here~" I scurried away as she dived at me with a knife. "DAD!" Tears filled my eyes.

He wasn't home yet. I felt something hit my head and shatter. My vision became a bit dark. I looked at the prices of the item and realized she hit me with a beer bottle.

I could feel I was getting hit over and over again. My vision was blurry and my hearing was muffled. I could see someone else's figure as they pulled my mother off of me. I smiled lightly. The figure was one I recognized.

"Oh, my god! Mitch, son are you okay?!" Dad. It was always Dad. I smiled as unconsciousness finally took over.

\timeskip/

A groan left my lips as my body woke me up. "Oh my god your okay!" My father exclaimed. I was on my bed. "I'll get you something to eat." With that he was gone. I noticed my phone was still in my pocket.

I bit my lip as I turned it on.

"Biggums, are you home?"
"Did you freeze to death?"
"Are you ignoring me?"
" Did I do something wrong?"
" I'm sorry if I did."
"Your probably sleeping or something... Right?"
" come on I'm starting to get worried!"
"Please... Be.. Okay"

My heart shattered. He didn't need my problematic life messing with his. He should never have to worry because I always seem to come back. I sighed and started to type.

"I'm so sorry,Fluffy."
"HOLY SHIZ! YOUR ALIVE! WHAT HAPPENED?!"
"Don't worry about it."
"Biggums, please call me what's wrong?"

I sighed hitting the call button and hearing him instantly pick up. "Biggums?" He seemed so scared. "Hey, Fluffy." I tried sounding happy, but failed. "Oh, god biggums what happened?" I sucked in a shaky breath. "M-my mom s-she... She beat me, Jerome!" I broke down in tears. I didn't mean to.

I'm just so tired of picking up the mess she leaves. I'm tired of fixing everything for her. "Biggums... Okay, biggums I need you to calm down." I tried desperately to stop the tears. "Okay... Okay."

"Good, now biggums are you alone at home?" "No, I'm not my dad's here. He helped pry my mother off of me." I heard him sigh with relief. "Are you okay?" No, I would never be okay. Yet, I couldn't tell him that.

"Ya,.. Just a few bruises here and there." I heard him breathing calmly. "Okay, that's good to know... Biggums can I tell you something?" I wiped my eyes. "Y-ya?" "You, have a gorgeous voice." I felt a blush crawl up to my cheeks. "T-thank you. You too."

"Biggums, do you swear you'll stay forever? Even, if the world gets hard that you won't give up?" That's a hard promise to make and keep. "Yes, I promise."

"Jerome, I got to-" "WAIT!" He cut me off. "Biggums, I don't know your real name. Can you give me it?" I smiled lightly. "Jerome,that's for me to know and for you to find out." I heard him lightly chuckle.

"So this a Cinderella type of thing ain't it?" I giggled which was rare for me. "Whatever fits the title."

"Then, I'll find the shoe that fits you and when I do you'll rule beside me. Forever and always."

________
A/n *gasp* two chapters in one day?! Yes, its true!