I Promise

Hey guys! So, I would first off like to thank you guys for reading!

So I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know I do!

–Cass ≤3 

-------------<3---------------Vote---------Comment---------Fan------------Thanks!-------------------<3----------

Cody's POV: 

Silence hung in the air as we packed up our beach things. 

Silence because how much of an idiot I am! 'Why did I have to ask her! Why did I have to blow it'

I put down the towel I was folding, knowing I needed to say something to Jake.

"Listen Jake, I'm sor-" I started trying to explain myself knowing that I would get nowhere close to doing that.

"No Cody, You shouldn't be apologizing to me, you should be apologizing to Destiny." The mention of her name made a wave of sadness and regret wash over me.

'Oh god what have I done!'

"I don't know what you said to her, or what even happened between you too. But, I know that you need to fix this, because.." Jake started saying in full seriousness, but stopped mid-sentence and looked up from the towel he was folding to meet my eyes.

"You obviously like her more than you are aware of, and I can tell behind every thing she really likes you too." Jake says with a little smile on his face, before looking back to his towel.

'He was right, I did like her alot. But I blew it she is gone and I doubt I will ever see her again.'

"Jake, how can I fix this when she is gone? All I know is her name," I say starting to pace back and forth.

Jake just smiled. At first I was confused, but then it clicked.

"PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!" I beg Jake, now on my hands and knees.

"Dude, you're begging." Jake says with a scuff.

"Yea, sorry." I say trying to hide my blush as I stood up and brushed myself off.

"Here." He says handing me the small piece of paper, containing Destiny's number.

"Just give that back when you're done, Jessica's number is on there too!" Jake says staring at my phone as I dialed the number anxiously.

My hands started to shake as I pull the phone up to my ear, and slowly walked away from where Jake was packing up. 

Ringggggggg  My heart started to quicken.

Ringggggggg 

Ringgggggg 

With every ring I began to lose more and more hope. I just kept absentmindedly walking.

Just when I was about to give up.....

"H-Hello?" I heard Destiny sob. With that my heart shattered. 'How could I be so stupid?'

"D-Destiny" I managed out over the shock of her soft sobs.

Silence

"How did you get this number?" She breathed out softly, her sobs now replaced with a hardness in her voice.

"Does it really matter?" I say staring out to the horizon, as I noticed tears slip out of my eyes.

"What do you want Cody?" She said almost hurt. That killed me; I started to quicken my pace.