Just Friends

Jimin pushed the door open holding his breath. Clenching his fist together he tried to remain calm and collected in front of Min Seo.

Min Seo followed him behind and breathed in deeply. Her thoughts running around on what explanations he would give anytime soon.

"I... I don't know where to start..." Jimin voiced out after the silence, still facing away from her.

"Tell me... I want you to tell me why you left. Why you left me alone. Tell me why you haven't come back for me and whether I mean anything to you anymore for you not to come back!" Min Seo felt tears flowed down her face even though she tried to keep her voice even and face with no emotions.

"But most importantly, tell me... Are you okay right now? Are you happy?" Her voice broke.

That was all she wanted to know. That he was happy, that he was okay.

Jimin whipped his head around and hugged Min Seo. Placing her head on his chest he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I'm sorry for making you wait too long... Don't worry about me. I'm okay and I'm happy now that I've met you again. I'm okay...." He comforted Min Seo feeling guilty.

-----
Min Seo wiped her tears and laughed thinking about how puffy her eyes looked and how ugly she was crying in front of Jimin. He looked like an angel to be honest.

"What's so funny?" Jimin chuckled and messed up her hair.

"YAH!" Min Seo scowled and punched his arm.

"OWWW!!!" Jimin screamed and fell onto the floor Min Seo stood up in shock running to check on him.
"Kidding! I have muscles!!! REAL MEN FEEL NO PAIN!" Jimin sat up and showed her his arm muscles.
Scoffing she sat back down on the bench.

"So. How have you been doing?"

"I've been fine. I was scouted by a company and I've been training with other boys for a boy group. We weren't allowed hand phones and we could not communicate to any one outside immediate family.... I'm really sorry..." Jimin frowned as he remembered that day.

After some time he spoke,
"Dad has always been a gambler. Always drinking. Always begging for money. That's why I never brought you to my place...It was too dangerous.." He muttered and shuddered at the thought of Min Seo seeing his home and his Dad.

"On the day of the competition, the hospital called and said that dad was in critical condition. He was going to die because he didn't pay back to the people he asked money from and they came to give him a warning..... After dad was discharged from the hospital. I quit school and took up many part time jobs to pay the debt....."

"Why did you ask me for help...."

"I was afraid that if those people knew that you were involved, they would come to your place and hurt you to. And I'd never ever want that to happen to you." Jimin whispered.

"I was scouted by my company and I trained like mad. I needed to debut in the boy group. Because I needed money badly. And I did. It's been more than a year now since debut and my life so far has been good, I'm really enjoying my job, dancing has always been my passion and I have brothers now. I've paid the debt and my father is going to a centre to help with his gambling and drinking problem. So. Yes. I'm happy now." Jimin sighed glad that Min Seo now knew everything.

"I'm glad I could say that all to someone who would understand me... So. Now that my side has been cleared. Tell me. How is your life..."
Jimin leaned back and turned to face Min Seo.

"My life... It's been the same?"

"You can't fool me..."

"What do you mean?" Min Seo asked confused