Twelve

"JB.... And Park Min Seo!" The teacher announced. JB turned around to Min Seo and gave small smile.

"Let's look we're working together then... But I'll be a horrible partner. I can't really dance..." Min Seo trailed on starting to regret being paired with JB.

"No! Stop lying. You were top for dance class!" JB insisted and was happy that he was with Min Seo. They were close classmates and he wanted to know her more. But her walls were built too high.

"HUH... Yeah. That was nine years ago okay.... And besides. I stopped dancing. It's not even compulsory or assessed. UNTIL NOW!" She pulled a face and sighed.

JB looked at her sadly. That's right.

JB was in the same class as Min Seo when they were in primary school. She was the popular girl and her best friend the most popular guy in school, he on the other hand was a scared little boy who was too shy to talk to people and kept himself busy reading books.

Flashback

"MIN SEO! MIN SEO! MIN SEO! WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND?" Many boys charged up to Min Seo when she was entering. She shyly smiled and waved to her classmates.
"Annyeo...."
She was going to answer that she had played at the grass field with Jimin during the weekend but he stepped out instead and told everyone to go back to their seats.

"Guys! She needs space! Go back to your seats!!" He eyed around and stood in front of Min Seo placing his hand around her protectively. He glared at all the guys who stayed on after the girls ran off giggling.

JB was sitting near the window when he saw the commotion and looked up from his book.
His heart stopped when the girls parted and he made eye contact with Min Seo. She swept back her lose strand behind her ears and smiled. As she was making her way back she waved at him and he wanted to stand up and say good morning but Jimin slammed his hand on JB's table and glared at him as a warning that nobody could go near Min Seo.

JB's smile wavered and he drew back his hand slowly back to his book and looked down.
Great. There goes his chance of talking to Min Seo. She was not only pretty, cute, humble, funny, sweet, kind and caring.... The lost could go on and on.

JB sulked knowing that he couldn't even get a metre close to her with Jimin constantly by her side!

"WAHHH. YOU GUYS DANCE? What dance academy do you go to??"
"IM SO JEALOUS!"
"I WISH I COULD DANCE WITH JIMIN!"
"YOU ARE SO PRETTY MIN SEO! I WANT TO SEE YOU DANCE!"

All the girls and boys commented when Jimin told everyone Min Seo needed space as they were both tired from practising for their upcoming competition.

JB's ears perked up when he heard Jimin's comment. He looked up and slowly turned around to see an embarrassed Min Seo shyly smiling at her classmates and made eye contact with JB again.

"... Maybe you guys can come and support us! We will be performing this Saturday at the academy!" Jimin smiled confidently despite Min Seo's embarrassment.

"WE WILL!"

Min Seo continued staring at JB as if asking the class's quietest boy if he would be supporting her as well. He smiled and nodded and continued reading her book leaving a delighted Min Seo.

---
COMPETITION DAY

"Jimin? What wrong? Why do you look so scared?" Min Seo stood up abruptly and stopped biting her nails in nervousness. She had been waiting for Jimin for half an hour and was all dressed up but he was no where to be found.

"I... I'm sorry Min Seo... I have to go...!" Jimin replied with a pale face and gripped his phone tightly. He stared at Min Seo one last time and dashed out the door rushing out of the academy.

"JIMIN! JIMIN!" Min Seo's cries unheard by Jimin but were heard by JB who was walking back from the bathroom and met Jimin on the way back.
Jimin rushed up to JB and said hurriedly, "I need to go! Take care of Min Seo for me! Please, I ask of you..."
He patted JB's back and pushed the door open leaving a confused JB who ran towards Min Seo's cries.

"JIMIN! JIMIN!" Min Seo cried and squatted down holding her hands to her face and sobbed hysterically.

JB rushed in and squatted next to her and kept her company until she calmed down.

She had missed the performance.

And she vowed to never dance again. Not without Jimin.

She was only twelve.

Flashback end

JB was interrupted when Min Seo shook her hands vigorously in front of his face trying to grab his attention.

He looked back at her blankly. Thinking about the old Min Seo and the Min Seo he was looking at.

"Spacing out already? We haven't even done anything... What's the plan?" She smiled and asked curiously.

Her smile was so refreshing and he instantly thought about the smile she gave when she walked into the room and made eye contact with him for the first time.

She was left hanging when JB was still staring at her,wrapped in his own thoughts so she shrugged her shoulders and continued with her work.

JB thought to himself, "This time. I'll protect you. This time. I'll have the courage to protect you. This time. Maybe you'll be mine..."