The Way He...

Time out for love §

Z and I travel, staying at a beautiful resort located along the French Polynesia waters in a luxury bungalow, for our honeymoon. The bungalow suites consist of wood interior walls, vaulted ceilings and an open floor plan with access to the bluest ocean waters and there's a sense of luxury throughout. I am surrounded by exquisiteness, not just our environment, but the attractiveness of my handsome husband and the love that we share with each other; as Z and I developed a deeper connection, though I hadn't thought to be even possible that first night as we both embarked upon a new series of experience that only he and I now share.

The first morning, I recall receiving a tray specially ordered with a white peony (my favorite flower) that set on a handmade note from Z which stated:

'To my wife and my love, may we keep last night in our hearts as an indicator of where our lives will lead us while we now share our lives together forever.'

I couldn't begin to explain the level of emotions I experienced just from the note alone; though together that day Z and I share (my first-time) underwater adventures; that until you see it in real life, can't fathom the beauty of such magnificent natural specimens. Being under the water I felt as though I was in my true element; as he and I swim, he holds my hand and we kick our legs to propel ourselves deeper into the crystal clear waters, I feel as though we were destined to be together; as if the universe has somehow pulled us together to bring us to this moment below with the earth's oxygenated living creatures, almost as though we are now one being projected towards a very promising future.

Z arranges a private candlelight dinner on the balcony by the pool, after a day of playful advances and romantic gestures. I can hear the wave's crash in the distance and we observe the blur of the lights lined on the shoreline. Gazing with admiration at my new husband from across the table, it occurs that the world knows he is great-looking; but it's more than that, he is humble, loving, so thoughtful and most importantly truly genuine. Unlike my previous marriage, I finally feel what being loved by a man is, for with Z he doesn't say it, he shows me. How we gaze into each other's eyes so often without realizing we are doing it and find ourselves lost in silence as if we are speaking to each other in some unheard language. The way I catch him looking at me when he thinks he's out of my eyesight. The way I wake up in the morning not knowing how my head is now resting on his chest. The way he holds me while we shower for long periods of time and whispers sweet notions of what he wants to do as a couple in the future. The way he's not judgmental when I am passionate about things at the moment, but then later realize I may have overreacted. How he's not bothered by me immaturely 'checking him out' in public places when it's not appropriate to do so. He makes me feel as if he picked me to be his, and never for one moment have I felt that I am the initiator of our relationship. For the first time I get it, I can understand now what all the enthusiasm is to be married; though hard to explain when it's the right connection it feels as if you are united as one, as if you are both part of each other in a divine way; for it's more than a union ... it's a rebirth of your soul.

The breeze from the ocean cools my legs as I stretch them far along to the edge of the bed. I can hear seagulls cawing outside of our bungalow presumably in search of scraps fallen from last night's dinner table. The sunlight overwhelms me as I grab my pillow and toss it up over my head and yearn for a few more minutes of sleep, for I feel like I had just fallen asleep moments ago. I fade back into sleep momentarily, but suddenly realize where I am and not wanting to waste a single moment in paradise I force myself to wake and notice Z is not in the room. I can hear the sound of the shower spraying and realize he is showering, but instead of joining him as I am normally inclined to do, I slip my robe on, brush my teeth and walk out to the back terrace area to admire the view of the sea. As I reflect on how blessed I feel while the wind soothes my now reddened from the sun skin; Z slips up from behind me, pulls my hips into him, holds me close, and covers me with good morning kisses as we discuss the agenda next for the duration of our stay.

(Continued in the next chapter)

Copyright © 2015 by Stacy H || Stacy__H