Chapter 36: These Days, Getting Kidnapped is just not enough

"Are you sure you're fine?"

"Yes, Mother. I'm sure."

My mom insisted on me to visit so here I am. Lulu, Mae and I have taken a trip to my mom's mansion in the middle of nowhere.

"How are you?" Mae asked my mom.

"Fine. I hope you all are well?" We nodded in response. "Thank you for coming all this way just to see me."

"Oh, it was no problem at all. Have you seen my parents by any chance?" Mae asked.

My mom shook her head. "I have not. Why?"

"Oh, no reason. Was there something you wanted to ask us?"

"Ah yes. Luna. Anything new in your life?" What is the point of her asking this? We all know what she means. We all know the answer.

"Nope."

"Wonderful. Now, why don't you all go to your rooms and relax."

We all nodded and scurried away. We stumbled to get out of my mom's sight. Sometimes she was just too much. Or all the time.

"Well, that was interesting!" Mae shouts as we speed across the carpeted floor.

"Not really Mae. Don't exaggerate," Lulu scolds.

"I can if I want to!" Mae sticks out her tongue before continuing. "So, how long are we staying this time?"

Mae is referring to my mom's rare trait of keeping her guests with her for the longest amount of time. Another reason to avoid her.

"Not long. We have things to do," I reply as we turn the corner.

"Ok. So catch me up! What's happening at school? Am I still enrolled? I've been gone for a week now. I think."

"Part of the school has been destroyed so school is on a unscheduled break," Lulu informed her.

"Awwwww. Oh well. I don't care. It won't kill me. I think."

"Shut up, Mae. We have to get out of here," I told her, opening the pale pink door to my bright pink room.

The soft carpet was a neon pink while the ceiling and walls were a rose pink. The three canopy beds were up against the wall on my right, all different shades of pink and purple. On the other wall, to my left, hangs a large tv. On either side of the tv are doors that lead to the bathroom and closet.

Now, this may sound like the room is very cramped up. But, no. It isn't. There is enough space for the largest and tallest mountain in the world to fit and there would still be tons of space left over.

"Are you ever going to tell your mom that there is such a thing as too much pink?" Mae asked before jumping onto her bed. "And when am I going to get my own room?"

"When you don't accidentally set anything on fire," Lulu replied.

"That was one time!" Mae fumed, throwing her head back onto her pilliow.

"Doesn't matter. You need to have better control over your powers," Lulu began to lecture as she laid on her bed.

"Just shut up, both of you," I said, throwing pillows at Lulu and Mae, who both caught it to throw at me. I let the pillows hit me, searching for the remote.

"What's on?" Mae asked, bouncing on my bed.

"Get off, Mae."

"Fine. But seriously, what's on?"

"Some drama. You can watch." I threw the remote to Mae to pull out my phone. Oh! A text!

Jimin: hey, where did you guys go?