• 12 •

I spoke up to fill the awkward silence, "How long have you lived here?" "Pretty much my whole life. My dad's side of the family is from here."
He turned towards me,"How about you?"
"Oh, my family just moved here from Texas last year."
We turned the corner that led to the entrance of the neighborhood.

"That's cool." Mason shrugged. We continued to talk about random things. The walk seems to take forever but we enjoyed taking our time.

My house was only a few houses down from where we were.
"Um I've been wanting to ask you something," Mason looked down.
"Yes. What is it?"
"Would you like to the movies with me tomorrow?"
My eyes went wide. I smiled at Mason," Of course I would." I said trying not to sound too excited. Mason had a huge grin plastered on his face.

"I'll pick you up at 1 if that's ok with you."
"Sounds good to me," I arrived at my house.
"Well I guess this is goodbye," Mason said as he walked me to the patio. "Until tomorrow," I reached for my house key in my purse and opened the door. Before walking in I waved goodbye to Mason. I closed the wooden door behind me.

"Oh my God! I was so worried about you. I'm glad to know you're alright." I was greeted by my father running up to hug me.
"Really? I was only at school doing my homework," I pushed him away from me.

"I know you were with a boy," said my mom getting up from the couch where she sat. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"We are partners for a project and we needed to finish it! That's it," I said while going to my room.

Once I entered my room I practically threw my backpack in the corner and silently closed the door behind me. If I ever slammed the door it would be my last day on this earth.