• 24 •

All throughout the rest of the day I hung around with Eli. He even tried to get me to skip last period with him. Of course, being the good child I was, I didn't skip class with him. But what I did do was make sure that Mason took notice.

Arielle was pretty mad that I sort of ditched her all day. It didn't help that Eli asked me to get food with him after school.

"First lunch, and now you're ditching me again?" Arielle was fuming.

"I'm sorry. I promise I'll stay with you all day tomorrow." I tried to give her a hug, but she pushed me away. My smile quickly turned into a frown.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes and walked away.

I shrugged and walked over to where Eli was waiting for me. He noticed my sad expression.

"What's wrong? You good?" he asked.

"Um, well my friend is pretty mad about me hanging out with you all day. She told me that I ditched her."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. I just wanted to spend time with you, that's all," he looked into my eyes.

"Yeah I understand. I told her I was gonna hang out with her all day tomorrow, so I'm going to because I'm not trying to lose a friend."

Eli nodded and we both started to walk out of the school's main entrance.

"So where are we going anyway?" I asked as soon as we were outside.

"It's this taco shop. My friend works there, so I get a discount. But it's good though," he explained.

"Oh ok."

We didn't talk much after that. He basically lead the way there. After what seemed to be 30 minuets, we were finally at the restaurant. He opened the door for me like a lil gentleman.

"Thanks Eli," I stepped aside so he could walk past me.

A guy who looked about our age came from behind the counter to greet us. I'm guessing that he was Eli's friend.

"Hey man," he and Eli some kind of secret handshake thing. He looked at me,"Who is this?"

"Oh, this is my friend Cayla," Eli gestured to me,"and Cayla this is my friend Andy."

"Nice to meet you, Andy," I politely waved.

"It's good to meet you too. So, what can I get for you two?" Andy asked.

Eli looked to me,"You eat nachos?"

"Duh, who doesn't?" I playfully rolled my eyes.

"No need for attitude I'm just making sure. Lemme get a large order of chicken nachos and two medium Sprites."

Andy walked back to the counter and entered the order into the computer. "Ok that'll be $10.35. But with your discount," he whispered this part,"you only have to pay $8.35."

"My man." Eli pulled his wallet out of his backpack and paid the money.

I just stood there a little confused and out of place, but whatever. Eli took me to sit at a table in the corner of the shop.

"Thanks for buying me food."

"No problem girl, I gotchu," he flashed one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen.

His teeth were like, perfect. I started to slightly stare and I'm sure he noticed, but I didn't even care. After a few minutes our food was ready and Eli went to go get it. We ate and talked a little bit. When we were done, Eli walked me to my house.

"Again I just wanna thank you for the food and stuff," I got my house key from my backpack.

"You're welcome Cayla. I'll see you tomorrow," he waved at me and I waved back.

I didn't even have one foot in house when I heard yelling,"Cayla Iana Metler why are you here so late?"

My mom was sitting at the couch with her head tilted slightly, legs crossed, and hands and hands clasped on her knee.

Shit.

"I'm sorry Mom, I was out with a friend."

"And you didn't think to tell me? Your father and I were worried sick about you. Kalin almost took an ass beating for you," my mother yelled,"Give me your phone. You're grounded."

"But Mom I'm 16. Why can't you trust me? I'm a good kid," I retrieved my phone from out of my pocket.

"You're my babygirl. I care too much about you," my mom snatched my phone from my hands,"go up to your room until I call you down."

Later my mom called me down after she had talked with my dad. I was to be grounded for a whole month because of this little situation. The only phone I could use was my old TracFone.

Kill me.