Part 2: Misunderstood

Aphmau began to walk to her door to head towards the guard tower to see if she could find Laurence.

-Garroth's POV-

Laurence was no where to be found, so he headed towards the docks to see if he was there.

-Aphmau's POV-

She looked outside her door only to find Laurence standing there, about to knock. "Laurence, what are you doing here?"

-Garroth's POV-

He walked the path towards the Docks, passing Aphmau's house, only to find an exchange between the two. He decided to stay back unnoticed.

"I'm actually here Lord Aphmau,"

Laurence said pulling out a bouquet of flowers, "to ask you on a date. I realize that you have already-"

Garroth didn't stay long enough to hear the rest. He ran silently to the woods to be alone, making sure no one saw or heard him in the process.

-Aphmau's POV-

She held up a hand to stop him.

"Listen Laurence. You're a great guy, really, and I am not about to criticize or deny you, but right now I am extremely distraught and I need to consult you about something of utmost importance."

"Lady Aphmau, what's on your mind?"

"Garroth has just received a summons to O'Khasis."

"Is this about the treaty-marriage?"

"No, he has been asked to become a member of the jury of nine." Aphmau continued to tell Laurence everything that Garroth had told her, shaking the entire time.

"I see," Laurence began. "Garroth has a fair point. It would be in the villages best interest for him to leave."

"I didn't wish to consult you to be told what I already know, Laurence." Aphmau said, clearly irritated. "I believe i just need some time to just be with my thoughts," she continued "please inform me immediately if you find anything." She said, shutting her door.

Aphmau thought and though about what she had said, what Garroth had said, and what had been done. Was there really no way to keep him in Pheonixx drop?