Part 8: Friends Become Enemies

I love you.  But Aphmau couldn't hear her own words, as they refused to escape her severed windpipe.

I'm going to die.  As her heavy eyes fell shut, blocking out Garroth's face, she wanted to cry. Not because of the sharp, nearly unbearable pain in her neck, accompanied by the rush of warm liquid from it, or the fact that she was about to die.

I'll never see Garroth again.

~~~

Laurence's blood felt hot in his veins, and he felt himself changing. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, they were red. his skin was pale, his voice was unearthly, and he had lost his humanity. He had lost Aphmau. He stared toward  his target, sitting on the cool floor of the basement, head in hands, and charged.

"RAAAGH!" Laurence had shoved him onto the ground, "WHAT IN THE NETHER HAVE YOU DONE?!" he spat into Garroth's face.

Garroth scrambled backward until he was met with a wall. "It wasn't me, it was Zane!" he exclaimed.

Laurence scoffed, "A likely story. You call yourself my brother, yet you're just like everyone else in this world! ALL YOU CAN DO IS RUIN MY HAPPINESS!" He pulled his sword from his sheath as Garroth rolled to the side, barely avoiding being split in half.

Garroth was now kneeling, sword drawn, with his back to Laurence. Voice low, he said, "I'll be sure to tell Aphmau that all she does is ruin your happiness when she wakes." Having been caught off guard, Laurence backed away a step, stumbling over his own boot. Not wasting a second, Garroth swifty stood and turned, disarming Laurence. The tip of his sword neared his brothers neck. Blood rushing in his ears, Garroth couldn't even hear himself stating "I loved- I love her. I have a feeling that's more than you could ever say."

Grabbing Garroth's legs from his position on the ground, Laurence pulled, leaving Garroth laying on the ground, and he stood. "Watch your tongue." He then picked up Garroth and threw him into the wall. Garroth now laying on the ground, coughing, Laurence's eyes widened. He stared at the blood on the wall, not knowing whether it was Aphmau's or Garroth's, and he dropped to his knees. As he felt the darkness retracting, he stared from Garroth to his shaky hands.

No.

~AUTHOR'S NOTE~

THAT'S RIGHT I'M BACK! AND I'M SUPER SOWY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A WHILE BUT I GOT MY ISSUES SORTED OUT AND NOW I'M BACK! I'LL BE UPDATING MORE OFTEN NOW AND I'M SUPER SORRY <3 I APPRECIATE AND LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!