Part 4: Things Get InZANE

/I'm really worried... I haven't seen him for hours... He couldn't have left without saying goodbye... Could he?/

Aphmau felt her blood pumping through every vein in her body. Her worst fear.... And she had no way to stop it. Levin, Malachi, and Garroth were all missing. /Garroth wouldn't take the boys with him if he left!/ Aphmau continued searching high and low in the village. She suddenly broke down in the plaza, reduced to tears. "Nonono," she said quickly "thiscantbehappening. This CANNOT be happening.."

She suddenly felt cold. Very cold.

She turned to see Lucinda holding an emptied bucket above her head. " Pull yourself together! Your village NEEDS you! They need a leader who can be strong, even in the tough times okay? We'll find Levin and Malachi! Malachi has a very apparent magical 'footprint'. I'll follow the aura trail and find him, hopefully Levin is with him." Aphmau tools a few deep breaths and replied very blandly, "Okay."

-Garroth's POV-

/Weaponless. Hands bound together behind a tree. Alone with the enemy, unknowing whether the ones he cared about were okay. A guards worst nightmare./ Garroth thought to himself.

"If you're going to kill me, do it while I still have my honor." Garroth said to Zane. "Where's the fun in that?" Zane cackled.

"Listen, you've got nothing on me Zane. You can't break me." Garroth said with difficultly supplied confidence.

"What if I- made things a little more interesting?"

"Wha- what do you mean?"

"Oh only," Zane said going around a tree and walking to a fallen log.

/Now's my chance/ Garroth began frantically trying to untie his binds.

"-this." Zane said heaving what appeared to be a body out of the log, only to reveal Aphmau, arms, legs, hands and feet bound, and a gag placed in her mouth. Aphmau began making muffled noises, clearly panicked. "Or her, rather."

"TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER ZANE! SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!" Garroth shouted. "You know me better brother." Zane said smiling devilishly. "I. Don't. Care." He raised his short blade to her neck, and Aphmau's muffled screams caused Garroth to panic more than he had ever before.