Stay.. Please..?

:Dre's POV:

I walked upstairs and went in my room closing the door. I laid back on the bed and looked up. This is some straight bull. I heard my moms cries get louder. "No why? Why is this happening?" she slammed the door to their room. I woke up to my phone ringing. "Hello?" I rubbed my face sitting up. "Hey Bubby I was wondering if you wanted to go to the boardwalk with me?" Monae said cheerfully. I thought about whether I should tell her now or wait. "Hello?" snapped me back to reality. "Uh yea sure I'll meet you there just give me about an hour." I said getting up. About an hour later I was showered, dressed, and walking out the door when I heard Saige call me. "Where you goin Dre?" she caught the door before I closed it. "To the boardwalk why?" I looked at her. " No reason but just do me one favor and tell her before it's to late." she said closing the door. I stood there looking at the door. I knew she was talking about more than just leaving.

:Monae's POV:

I got in my truck and headed towards the boardwalk. I was really happy today for no reason. I hummed along with the radio then started singing. I saw that Dre was already walking towards our spot when I parked. "Wait for mee." I called behind him. He turned around and half smiled. I walked up next to him. "Hi." I smiled at him. "Hey." he said looking ahead. I could sense something was wrong, but I didn't ask want to ask what was wrong. We walked in silence for the longest and I watched the families eat ice cream. And I smiled at the couples who were so into each other. I looked at Dre who looled like a lot was on his mind. He didn't even feel me staring at him. It's like he was in a daze. I nudged his arm and he still didn't look my way. "Dre?" I stepped in front of him making him stop walking. "Yea?" he looked down at me. "You ok?" I raised and eyebrow. "Uh yea." he gave a smile. I could tell he forced it. "You can talk to me." I looked at him. For some reason even though I knew something was bothering him, he looked so good. I shook the thought out my head and started back walking. It was starting to bother me that Dre was quiet. He was walking behind me so quiet and I wanted to know what was up. I turned around and he almost knocked me down. "Dre tell me what's wrong you're never this quiet." I said irritated. "Nothing's wrong Nae just leave it alone." he said looking away. I walked away from him and went towards the ice cream. Dre walked up not to long after I had bought mine. I grabbed mine and walked away. I don't beg people to tell me what's wrong if you don't wanna tell me then don't be around me with a lost attitude. "Nae wait!" Dre called behind me. I ignored him and kept walking. I felt a pull on my arm. "I'm sorry I just have a lot on my mind." he said turning me to him. I honestly didn't care anymore. "Ok." I said gently pulling my arm away and walking in the grass. "Monae don't start that." Dre sighed. I kept walking and looked around. I finished my ice cream and decided I wanted to go home. "I'm leaving. " I turned to him and walked towards the truck. "Nae!" I heard my name except it wasn't Dre's voice. I turned to see Zay walking up to me. "Hey." I unlocked the truck."Where you goin?" he walked closer. "Home." I looked around him to see Dre walking to his car. I felt bad for acting that way. If Zay hadn't been blocking my way, I would've apologized. "Why?" snapped me out my thoughts.

"Just wana relax." I shrugged my shoulders. "Oh well there's a party later-" I cut him off. "I really just want to go home." I looked at the sky. "Oh okay I'll see you at school." he said walking away looking down. I got in the truck and started it up. "Uhh fuck." I groaned.

-Three Weeks Later-

"Nooo put me down !" I screamed at Dre. We were in gym and the teacher wasn't there so everyone was doing their own thing. "You called me a wimp." he laughed. "You are." I smirked. "I'll drop you." he threatened. I tightened my grip on his shirt."You wouldn't. " I gasped. "Try me Dimples. " he shot back. "Aww look at the love birds." Christy said walking up to us. "Shutup." we said in unison. "Ooh rude are we?" she sat in the bleachers. I waited for Dre to put me down, but he never did. "Uhm sir." I tapped Dre's back. "Yea?" I could tell he was smiling. "Please put me down." I sighed. Instead of putting me directly down he walked up the bleachers scaring me. He sat me beside Christy and I punched him in the chest. "Don't do that again." I looked at him. He smiled and walked to the other side of the court. "One more week." Christy smiled. I looked at her, "I know senior year." I smiled and she looked at the door. "Isn't that Zay?" she rose an eyebrow. I looked a the door and saw Zay looking around the gym. When he spotted me he walked over smiling. "Aren't you suppose to be in class?" Chris asked as he sat down. "I had to go to the bathroom, this counts right?" he smirked. "Nope let me wear your hat." Christy said taking it off his head and putting it on. I looked at his curly hair and he covered it. "Noo don't look give it back Chris. " he reached for her. She got off the bleachers and walked away. Zay scooted up next to me and grabbed my hand. I don't know why, but I automatically looked at Dre who was watching Zay, I looked back. Your little curls are soft. I said running my hand through his head. "Nope they're not." he said grabbing my other hand. "You need to get back to class." I said looking at him. "I guess." he looled at me. "I'll talk to you later." he leaned over and kissed my cheek. I smiled and looked down. After Zay walked away I felt eyes burning through me. I looked and saw Dre looking at me. Christy walked over smiling at her phone. I stopped looking at Dre and concentrated on something else