22 April, Tuesday

Today, I was at my locker, applying my morning layer of lip gloss, when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

For a minute, I thought that it was Brandon, but when I turned around, it was someone else, namely. Pat the Rat!

"What do YOU want, Rat?" I spat, "I haven't got all day, you know."

"Of course I know," Pat answered hotly, "Because you are MacKenzie Hollister, queen of the CCPs."

"Well?" I said, "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to know what you wrote for the little assignment for English class," Pat said, "After all, I am in the same class as you."

"Why should I tell you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because I know what Nikki wrote and I want to know what you wrote."

"Well, what did you write, Pat? Tell me, or I won't tell you mine."

At this point Pat blushed and stammered, "I...I...I wrote an essay about...you."

Wait...WHAT?! Pat has a crush on ME?! I thought he had a crush on the dork! 

"Okay, so what did you write?" Pat asked.

"I wrote an essay about Brandon and me. Deal with it," I answered.

Pat blinked hard and stared at me before saying, "Uh, okay, I guess. Later."

He shoved his hands in his pockets and was about to walk away before I said, "Wait! What did Nikki write?"

"She wrote an essay about Brandon and her," Pat said quietly, then turned and walked away.

How dare Nikki write an essay about my boyfriend?! MY BOYFRIEND?! She has got to be kidding me.

You think it's going to go the way like you planned, Nikki?! Sorry, but it's going to go MY way, because I, MacKenzie Hollister, is a better director and scriptwriter than you are.